PCOS Metformin Experiences

Mandie831

Reaction score
Started this new thread since noone seem to be following old ones.

I am getting ready to start metformin hopefully tomorrow, I don't yet know what dosage I will be on, will know when I pick up my prescription.

I had a scan last Friday and I do have some cysts, but not big enough to make my ovaries enlarge or anything, but enough to not make me ovulate or get periods.

Now I dont recall my blood sugar levels being off EVER, so do I really have the insulin resistance that goes with pcos?
Yes I have weight, and it is all in my abdomen.

I am hoping that metformin will hopefully help me lose weight, get my periods on track (I dont get any without provera) and help me ovulate. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year.

I have also heard that eating basically ANY carbs will make metformin not work right, is this accurate?
As of now I am eating a high protein diet, but it also includes a bit of carbs, but all whole wheat, brown rice or beans and etc, and obviously minimal sugar and NO soda.
On top of that I walk on the treadmill at 5kmh for 3km at least 5 days a week.

How long after starting metformin should I maybe expect a period and maybe even ovulation?
Any experiences?
Any opinions on my situation?

Thanks, any help is really appreciated!

Hi
I also have experience taking metformin about 3-4 years ago...500mg 2x a day for 6 months but it doesnt do any good with my pcos. i also tried pills for 6 months (as what the doctor prescribed me) but when i stopped it my menstration also stopped. then the doctor gave me clomid and duphaston but still no good...so i stopped everything...until now we are still ttc. im also big specially in the abdomen. but i just kept on praying that one day i would conceive. maybe now is not the right time even though we are 5 years married. so don't get too upset if you dont conceive yet hun. because the doctors told me that its not impossible for us (pcos patients) to conceive but it will be a hard long journey....so just look up high and pray that He will give us baby dust soon...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->