PCOS peeps!!

Monkey monkey

Reaction score
Have any of you pcos people found anything natural remedy esq which genuinely works to get you to a) ovulate and b) have a 'normal' length cycle?

Period arrived on cd48 this month, practically nothing there, pcos getting on my nerves!!

Have u been to c a gyno or FS???? U may need fertility meds to help u

Yes, concieved on clomiphene with my little boy and have an apt next month back at fertility clinic. Would be great to conceive naturally but what works? Tried soy and was a load of sh1te, same for evening primrose oil, starflower oil also

I've found that a small diet change (less carbs and fats, more fruit and veg) coupled with one a day vitex has helped a lot. The diet change triggered a small but effective weight loss which sort of kick started my periods and after a few months I started taking vitex as my cycles were irregular. Two months in I was having 28 day cycles. I had to go back on the pill for a while but I'm on my first natural cycle since coming off again and I'm following the same plan. So far bang on 14 day luteal phase and 14 days between cd1 and ovulation :)

I've found that a small diet change (less carbs and fats, more fruit and veg) coupled with one a day vitex has helped a lot.

I agree with this, mine have dropped from 56days to 35 at the moment.

I just spoke with my gyno today and although my blood tests came back within normal range, she is convinced that I have PCOS after my ultrasound showed a lot of follicles (She's been a gyno for about 30 years). I read up on diet's that work for PCOS and that can kick start cycles. It sounds like a low carb diet, consuming no more than 40g of carbs per day is pretty successful for women with PCOS. Helps with the weight loss too. I'm starting this diet today. Hopefully that info. helps.

The problem with herbals is they don't have an organization that governs them or guidelines to follow like meds so alot if them are worse, eg vitex has a high rate of miscarriage if taken after day of ovulation.
I recently started metformin and ovulated for the first time in years

Pcos sufferer weight loss has really helped 3st down 2st to go. Been taking metformin for 2.5 years. Ttc for 3.5 : ((
Its tough xx

Ps I've read liquorice is good for natural rhythm ovulation : ))

Hello, weightloss is the key, but obviously thats not the case if you dont have a weight problem. I'm currently taking inositol, it has been proven to do the following:

■Increases progesterone
■ Increases SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin)
■ Lowers testosterone levels
■ Improves insulin sensitivity
■ Decreases luteinizing hormone
■ Induces weight loss
■ Effective in managing hirsutism (excess hair)
■ Restore's normal ovulatory activity and fertility in women with PCOS
■Improves egg quality and thus increases the probability of a successful pregnancy
■Increases probability of ovulation so that you can become pregnant sooner
■Help a fat-clogged liver to unclog itself. (Fat clogged livers are a problem for roughly 50% of women with PCOS)
■Can relieve depression and mood disorders
■Improves appetite balance
■Helpful for postmenopausal women who have metabolic syndrome (similar to PCOS)

Here are a couple of websites with info:

https://www.pcosdietsupport.com/supplements/inositol-and-pcos/

https://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/myo-inositol.html

After 2 weeks of taking inositol I ovulated 4 days earlier than the previous cycle. This is my second cycle on inositol and I'm just waiting to see if I ovulate even earlier. Last cycle I ovulated on cd 19 so if I ovulate a couple of days earlier I'll be a very happy bunny.

I also use 20-1 cream which is fab for regulating cycles, its a progesterone and estrogen cream.

x

Cookie1979- is inositol prescription medication?

No its a supplement, part of the vit b family I think. You can get it from health shops and Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->