Pcos story maybe a bfp

MissyX90

Pregnant with number 2
Reaction score
Posted this in the wrong place

I'm 24 years old and I have a beautiful 3 year old son we decided that we wanted 2 kids close together so I didn't go on birth control when he was born for the year after his birth I wasn't worried about the fact I didn't fall pregnant I was enjoying my new baby and breast feeding which meant my periods didn't return for almost a year. When he turned 1 we started tracking my cycles and having sex around my fertile times I noticed by the time he was 2 my periods had gone from 30 day cycles to 24 days and I only bled for 4 days of spotting still I'm young I didn't worry it will happen right then his 3rd birthday arrived in March my mum said I really should go to the doctor especially as I started getting a lot of pain during my monthlys and for the first time I'm my life my face exploded with spots I still put it off then suddenly I started lactating from my left boob and my husband made me go to the gyne. The gyne looked me over listened to my problems and said she thinks I have pcos. I have to admit my heart actually stopped right there and then. I had to go have blood tests and an internal scan on the 4th day of my period which happened to me my birthday .. I went as I didn't want to wait until the following month I wasn't worried about the internal scan as I've had them before during early pregnancy. The woman doing my scan took ages then said phone your doctor on Monday I kept saying can't you tell me anything obviously something was wrong as she wouldn't tell me just kept saying enjoy ur birthday. I looked at the screen and saw what looked like Swiss cheese only way I can discribe the black circles all over it.

I left the hospital got in the car and I broke down all the questions going threw my head like will I have another kid and what if this is it for me . Happy birthday right

The gyne phoned me and told me I had 18 cysts 10 on one side and 8 on the other and my blood tests confirmed high prolactin lvls and pcos I was put onto parlodel and metaformin.

We decided to stop trying for a few months and let the drugs do their thing

But 2 days ago I took one of my pregnancy tests just messing around and got a faint positive I've took one each day since and each has a faint positive my period isn't due until the 9th and I'm scared to get excited after finding out I had pcos I gave up blocked everything out and got on with my life but maybe this is it.

Fingers crossed blood test tomorrow just remember stay positive I might have just got a bfp when I'd gave up ..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 10
Wow 18 cysts :( I really hope bloods come back great for you , looks and sounds like its your bfp :) how exciting . Good luck and congrats x

Good luck...Hope you get your BFP x

Ah...brilliant!! Wishing you a healthy happy pregnancy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"