• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pcos?

zilla

Reaction score
Hello

I'm not LTTC but I'm hoping that you lovely ladies might be able to give me advice :)!

Basically, I was on the pill ever since I started my periods, as they were really heavy etc.
We came off BC and were lucky enough to fall PG 6 weeks later.

I had my son 5 months ago and haven't had a period since.
Have been in touch with my GP about it & now they're getting concerned.
I'm not breastfeeding, which I know can delay things.

GP has done tests on FSH & TSH -- normal and we're waiting on results for Prolactin & LH.

GP has now requested tests on my Testosterone levels, Sex Hormone Binding Globulin and a pelvic ultrasound. He didn't say specifically what he was looking for, but after having a look on the internet it looks to me that he now might be testing for PCOS.
Are these the tests that are done for determining PCOS?

I'm worried I've always had issues with my cycles but that the pill has masked it for years.

Can anyone help??? xxx

Hello Hun, These Test's Are Not Specifically For PCOS, They Are For All Kind Of Problem's That Can Cause No Period's, Prolactin Is Something To Do With Your Breast Milk And A Gland In The Back Of Your Head/Neck That Can Send Out The Wrong Signals Below, Testosterone Levels If I'm Not Mistaken Should Be Low As If I'm Not Mistaken This Is A Mans Hormone And Only Is High If You Have PCOS But Unsure If It Is Linked To Any Other Conditions, Sex Hormone Binding Globulin ???? I'm Lost For That One Hun, LH I Cant Actually Remember What That One Is For Which Is Buggering Me Now & Pelvic Ultrasound Is To Look For All Sort's, Like PCOS, PCO (Not The Syndrome), Cyst's On Ovaries (& I Think Over Places Like Pelvic), Endo (<- Short Term As I Cant Remember Full Name) & I Think There May Be More Problem's, So Your Doctor Is Just Being Safe And Checking You Good And Proper, I Know It's Harder Said Then Done But Try Not To Worry. Good Luck Hun & Fx'd Its Just A One Off Long Delayed Period Or Something That Can Be Cured Or Controlled Easily. Hope I Helped In Some Way. x X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->