PDA Surgery

okciv

3girls, 1 lives in heaven
Reaction score
My lo is 18 months old & we have been refered for surgery to close her PDA - anyone been through this with a similar age baby? I'm in Scotland & thought it would be Edinburgh but was told it will be Glasgow? Anyone any idea how long this will take from being refered to having surgery?

I can remember someone else on here's lo having it done later so looked back on old posts. It was clairec81 and her lo got in done at 1 year old in yorkhill so you could try to pm her.

Edinburgh transferred any babies that needed PDA litigation to Glasgow for it so you are going to a better hospital. Yorkhill also have good parents accommodation as my friends were recently there for their 2 year old to get his adenoids out.

Hope you aren't waiting too long xx

My friends LO had PDA surgery there. The surgery itself all went well. The only problem she had was that they kept putting it back because of emergency operations. They ended up having to stay in for a week til it finally got done. Happened to us too with Alex's hernia op. it's a good hospital but all the waiting it awful!

Hiya sorry just came on and saw post - not on here as much as i used to be. My LO had pda closed at 11 months. The pda went undiagnosed and when finally spotted was very large - 8mm. She had it closed my ligation which is full surgery rather than a kind of key hole. We were in Yorkhill for 1 week and she's done really well since. Happy to fill you in on more details, just send me a message if you need more info and good luck.

Hi. My LO is 16 months and waiting to hear when hers will be. Im down south in kent so will go to London. I think they'll do hers transcatherer...up through her groin. Im terrified at the thought. Sorry to post when i have no experience of the op but its on my mind constantly and im always looking for anyone who knows or experiencing it!
Clairec81 did u notice a change after...like growing faster or developing better? I wonder if Evies Pda holds her back slightly.
Claire xxx

Hi mylittlebud1, to be honest we were really hoping for Erin to whack on weight but it never happened. She's 2 yrs 4 months now and only 20lbs! She is however a bright wee spark who has reached or in fact surpassed all her milestones. She's a real fussy eater and eats very little which i link to the bad start but who knows. The docs are happy with her and not stressing about weight - that's just me!:haha: Looking back i am so glad the surgery happened as it was a bit like the start of the better times if that makes sense. I do know that babies that got the procedure done via groin recovered much quicker and Erin had a procedure to check her lung pressures last summer via her groin and was up and about within an hour or so and home that night - different procedure i know but i am sure its less recovery. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask anything x

thanks Clairec81. I'm Claire too lol. Evie is 17lb 9 but on the move with crawling now that i dont think she'll gain weight much now really.
thanks for your reply xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->