'Pea' is finally here! 14/03/10 - My Mothers Day baby!

Sparky0207

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Being 10 days overdue and having convinced myself I would be in for an induction on Monday 15th March... my little Pea suprised us all by deciding to come out at the last minute!

Sorry in advance as this will be long.

Late Saturday evening (13th March) me and OH were sat at home having dinner when he ran to the bathroom and was sick everywhere! He then passed out in the bath and his eyes started rolling. Panicking like mad I called his parents and they came to the rescue. In the meantime I started having horrendous stomach cramps but convinced myself it was the food we'd been eating and that I would be sick too.
This went on for a couple of hours and eventually MIL asked if it could be contractions... then the penny dropped, it was contractions! (I know, im a dopey cow!)
In laws decided to stay with us for a while as OH kept passing out and I couldnt really help him so I called my mum to come and get me and take me to hospital. Even though I was now almost 11 days overdue I was adamant it wasnt labour as I had convinced myself id be in for induction on Monday.
Contractions at this point were coming every 7 mins but by the time mum got to my house they were every 3 mins apart and lasting just over a minute. Id had that many false starts I didnt worry as I didnt think this would be any different.
By the time we got to hospital just after midnight the contractions were really hurting and it was only now that I started to believe Pea could be on the way.
I got examined at 12.30am and to my horror I was told I was still only 4cm dilated - which I had been for a week. My cervix was as short and thin as it could be but because Pea was back to back, her head wasnt pushing down properly so I was getting the horrendous contractions but nothing was happening. Apparently this is also why id had so many false starts. I was told I couldnt have any pain relief until I was 5cm. At this I started crying my eyes out as the pain wasnt this bad with my first until I was fully dilated!
For the next hour I had contractions every 2 minutes lasting just over a minute and they were agonising. I was examined again just before 3am and was still only 4cm. I was distraught and in absolute agony with contractions in my back and my bump.
This carried on until 4am when I asked to be examined again. At my little hospital its only a birthing centre and the only pain relief provided is gas and air - although she still wouldnt let me have it. I made up my mind that if I hadnt made any progress I wanted to go to the big hosp an hour away for an epi. The mw said she wouldnt examine me again and I would just have to cope. Bitch!!! She then went on her break and another mw came to see me so I begged her to examine me which she agreed. Contractions were now on top of each other with no let up in between at all. To my relief I was now 8cm! No wonder the contractions were so bad! Best bit of all was I was finally allowed some gas and air and the new mw gave me a back massage which was lovely, the counter pressure on my back was instant relief.
By 4.30am I needed to push so mw examined me again (given that I had gone from 4-8cm in under an hour) but to my horror (and hers) because of the way Pea was coming, there was a bit of my cervix in her way that wouldnt budge. She said I couldnt push with it there because all it would do was make it swell which could cause all sorts of problems. So for over an hour I desperately needed to push, but couldnt because this tiny bit of cervix was in the way. Anyone whos had a baby and been told to resist that urge to push will know how virtually impossible this is. I was in absolute agony.
Anyway, finally my waters decided to pop and there was meconium in them. Mw tried to find baby's heartbeat but couldnt which was when we all started to panic. During the next contraction she told me to push gently and somehow managed to move the bit of cervix that was in the way. Words cannot describe the pain but it was now out the way and I was allowed to start pushing. Only thing was, with over an hour of resisting the urge to push then being told I could, I couldnt figure out how to! I kept pushing at all the wrong times. Finally though her head was born and with one massive push later she was out, bluer than blue but thankfully breathing and ok :)

I tore badly because of her position and also had my stitches from last time re done properly so im very sore but otherwise ok.

I was told if she'd have been my first baby I would almost certainly have needed an assisted delivery. On a few occasions there was talk of blue lighting me up to the big hospital as there are no facilities for assisted delivery/c section etc at our little hosp but thankfully it wasnt needed.

So after my perfect first labour, my second was the complete opposite and absolutely horrendous. I can honestly say if she'd have been my first she'd have been my last!

However, she is absolutely 100% perfect and I love her soooooooooooo much! Maisie Olivia born Sunday 14th March 2010 at 6.06am weighing 7lbs 15oz. My perfect mothers day present :cloud9:

My OH wasnt there and is absolutely gutted but I have never seen him be so ill and theres no way I could have coped with him passing out like he had been at home so it was prob for the best. Hes bonded really well with Maisie though and loves her to bits.

Shes gorgeous, the absolute spitting image of big sister Lucy. Despite all my heartburn she only has a teeny tiny bit of black hair and is longer and skinnier than Luc was, but facially they are practically identical!

Im on cloud 9, I really am! Love my little family to bits. Hard work but so worth it. :)

S1051939.jpg

12428_1346474615272_1033495239_1077578_2486384_n.jpg

congratulations hun! hope your oh gets better hopefully it was just a bug!

so glad for you that you didnt have to be induced! x

Ouch! So glad you didn't have to be induced hun! :hugs:

I had a back to back labour and assisted delivery in the end so feel for you there as the contractions are horredous! If this one's not back to back and that's as worse as they get I'll defo do it on G&A.

Congrats hun! She is gorgeous! :hugs:

Ooh Sparky, you really did have a hard time of it didn't you ? Glad you didn't have to be induced in the end and that Maisie is finally here.

Awe, you did suffer :hugs: :hugs: to you. She is worth it though, she's gorgeous. Well done you! And hope your pain eases soon :hugs:

p.s. Hope OH is better now after the food poisoning

Awww hunni I am so glad she finally made an appearance and on Mother's day too :cloud9: sounds very traumatic but she is gorgeous! x

Congratultions hunni...i cant believe i have followed your journey for the whole 9 months and now you are a mummy to two gorgeous girls!
How is oh? hope he is better?
Hope you are relaxing (as much as you can)
She is just beautiful
xx

huge huge huge congratulations sweetie! she is sooooo beautiful, just like her sister :cloud9: well done zoe :D xxx

Congrats :) Hope your OH is better and you're recovering well xx

She is so gorgeous - well done you! I think little Maisie is starting as she means to go on - a wee handful! :kiss: Hope your sore bits are easing and K is feeling a bit better too! xxx

She's lovely, huge congrats on your wee girl x Hope that things are better with your OH :hugs:

Congratulations, she's beautiful!
I hope your OH gets better soon x

awww hun she's gorgeous!!!!!!!!! massive congrats! and well done resisting the urge to push I know how hard THAT IS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->