Peaches Geldoff stroller collapses, doesn't hang up phone

She should have strapped him in, then to lie about it when you can clearly see him falling out of the pushchair just makes her look like a dick. if that would have happened to me i cant imagine my phone would be anywhere else but on the floor!

I would have chucked the phone without doubt. She has made a mistake by not strapping her baby in but it's an easier thing to overlook as a first time mum but I don't know why she lied and said he was?! I think she will strap him in from now on though xx

Everyone has accidents.
But c'mon Peaches, hang up the phone!

I've literally just had the same situation (kinda)

I was talking to my hubs on the phone, he was on speaker phone, in the spare bedroom, Tessa was on the bed. I walked two steps to get my jumper out of the wardrobe and she rolled off the bed.

She screamed and screamed, hubs could hear it, I scooped her up and cuddled her very quickly, the phone was on my dresser. I didn't hang up I kept hold of the phone while I went downstairs, with the baby, to find a cold compress for her face.

I kept the phone on because he needed to know she was unhurt and comforted. It's funny how this thread was going and I had the same situation, you never know what you are going to do :shrug:

i just dont understand people who dont strap their babies in. there really is no excuse? the straps are there for a reason so use them? I can understand if she thought she had done it but hadn't (baby brain!) but doesn't seem that way to me by the way she tried to cover it up. and seriously the phone? dont get me started...makes me sick someone can hold onto their phone when their baby is put in that sort of danger?

If she was on the phone with someone who cared about her baby, she was probably explaining what just happened (I know with my family you can just hang up with a screaming child without an explanation). In burst mode a camera can capture 30 pics per second so in 4 seconds you could have over 100 photos of her on her phone. They don't have any pics of her after she picked up her baby.
Accidents happen :shrug:

I feel for her. We've all had Mummy-fail moments but most of them aren't caught on camera and shown to the world for a name and shame. The blankets etc. make it hard to see exactly what happened, maybe she thought he was strapped in but she hadn't clicked the straps properly, who knows. She's always seemed like a great mother from all the tweets I've seen of hers/pictures/stories etc. She may have been on the phone to her Dad/sister/husband and telling them what's just happened, who knows.

Perhaps Peaches' cock up should be posted in the bad mothers thread

I think we all appreciate that accidents happen, especially as a new mum but to lie about him being strapped in when most of the country can clearly tell that he is not, is just dumb.

Although, I think the most frightening thing about those pictures, is why is she dressing her BOY in tights????

I think we all appreciate that accidents happen, especially as a new mum but to lie about him being strapped in when most of the country can clearly tell that he is not, is just dumb.

Although, I think the most frightening thing about those pictures, is why is she dressing her BOY in tights????

She likely thinks that her child has plenty of years to care about what Society deems acceptable when he is older, and plenty of pressure to conform. I know that was how I felt when I had Fin in tights, admittedly his we're under clothes to extra warmth (baby wearing meant a snowsuit would overheat against my body but his legs were at risk of freezing) but still, wee boys in shorts and tights? LOVE it. Xx

Omg @ peoples reactions about tights?!

A boy in tights????? :shock:

:haha:

If i ever have a boy he will wear tights if hes being worn in the winter and he will have a amber necklace. He will rock that look :thumbup:

Kind of made me laugh that the most frightening aspect of a 4month old baby hitting the concrete floor is that hes wearing tights whilst doing so.

Who gives a toss about tights or babies falling out of buggies- she appears to have a beak instead of a mouth!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/576635_181211385340403_1332431164_n.jpg

;)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/576635_181211385340403_1332431164_n.jpg

;)

I like those tights. Are these socially acceptable to put on a boy?
The reason I ask is because I was recently informed onesies aren't proper attire for a baby to be out of the house in :shrug:

Yikes this is sooo something I'd do :dohh:
I'd be on the phone like 'SHIT THE BABY IS ON THE FLOOR!!.. hold on, I'm picking him up now.. he's fine...'

I've forgotten once or twice to buckle Lucas in when he was diddy, I'd just spot him sliding out the bottom and realise :blush:
I've done worse than that tbf, fancy backcarrying and forgetting you have a baby altogether, then trying to climb into a taxi/walk through a closing door and near lopping off his head! It was rather a regular occurrence for us - honest I stopped babywearing for his own safety! :lol::blush:

Add the fact he wears tights in the cold - anyone have the number for childline??

Issues NEVER to be spoken of on BnB. Now updated...

Weaning.
Bottle v Breast.
Benefits.
CIO.
Cats.
Tights.

:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members