Peak opk but negative hpt?

Bumblebee83

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm currently one day away from AF and decided to test. I used a CB digital opk and got a flashing smiley so I went ahead and took one of my CB week estimators and it was negative. But I thought opks are supposed to be positive when you're pregnant? With my daughter I got positive opks too. I know it isn't like a fool proof pregnancy test but I just figured I'd come on here and get you ladies opinions!

Did you get a flashing smiley or solid? The flashing tells you that your estrogen is getting higher, the solid is when LH peaks. LH and hCG are really similar hormones, so that's why some people use LH strips to test for pregnancy.

That being said...a friend of mine had what seemed like a regular period and then many days of flashing smileys...she is now 31 weeks pregnant!

Good luck!

Did you get a flashing smiley or solid? The flashing tells you that your estrogen is getting higher, the solid is when LH peaks. LH and hCG are really similar hormones, so that's why some people use LH strips to test for pregnancy.

That being said...a friend of mine had what seemed like a regular period and then many days of flashing smileys...she is now 31 weeks pregnant!

Good luck!

It's flashing. Oh my, I've been reading it wrong this whole time! I thought flashing was the best, I feel so dumb lol. So yeah it's just a high signal then, not peak. Thanks for bringing that up, I would've been using it wrong forever.

If you tested with a CB digital HPT test, those are not nearly as sensitive as regular pregnancy tests. Ovulation tests are often positive while pregnant. I would suggest running out and getting some FRERS and using first morning urine tomorrow. I didn't get a positive digital test until several days after I had been getting positive FRERS

A hpt will show positive before an opk would as well, thats why they aren't recommended as pregnancy tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->