Peely skin

Cat

Reaction score
Just wondered if your LO's skin peeled in the first couple of weeks after birth? Noah did this, mainly the hands and feet, but then he got what looked like chapped skin on his face that developed into eczema.

Dylan also had the whole peely skin thing, so Im wondering if he is going to delelop eczema too, or if its just normal in the first few weeks after birth for the top layer of skin to dry and peel off?

Amelia had this and it is lovely now so just welcome to the world skin lol

I used olive oil in the bath soon got better
Bex.x

I think my neices skin did this too when she was a few weeks old. She definatley doesnt have eczema

Dylan was late wasn't he? I think it's normal with late babies. Grapeseed oil is another good oil to try :)

Yup Jack had this as well, i got prescribed some Oilatum for his bath
Baby product even gentle were too harsh for him but it soon cleared up and he has lovely skin now

Like Bex said is welcome skin lol

maddies feet did this so did her hands :)

I used a dab of E45

xxx

excllent no worries I dont know if this was a normal thing, its pretty much gone now, I just used olive oil soap. I just didnt know if this was the start of eczema, cause like I said with Noah it started off as looking like chaped skin on his face.

Both Jade & Alfie had the peely skin and Jade didn't develop any skin condition..... I use baby oil in the bath when bathing Alfie, as I did with Jade and find that helps out no end with the peely skin babe! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->