pelvic bones??

lexis_mommy

Reaction score
did anyone else have this problem? i went to the hospital almost 2 weeks ago because i of pains in my back and belly and they told me it was my damn pelvci bones rubbing together, because of gaining weight. but i never had this problem with my daughter and i gained twice as much weight with her :shock: what the hell does this mean? i'm still in really horrible pain so much of the time and the dr tells me to get some tylenol :? tylenol tbh doesn't even take my damn headaches away why would i use it for really horrible pain?!?! i HATE dr's sorry lol :D

i'm guessing no ones had this then :D oh well i'll suffer through on my own :D not long to go anyways

Sorry lexis Mommy, Didn't see your post. I have had pelvic pain called SPD - Symbis pubic dysfunction. This happens when the hormones loosen the ligaments in your pelvis and they separate. I didn't have them meeting together but get alot of pain across my bits, lower back and hips. This is particularly bad if I've been stuck in one position for a long time. been on my feet at work all day (I am a teacher) or when I turn over in bed. My midwife sent me for physio and I got fitted for a support belt and a giant tubi-grip to wear at night, this has helped a little bit but now I am 35 weeks I have the added discomfort of the baby's head on my pubic bone.

Tam has also had SPD so may be able to help with some advice.

Hope this help you out any questions, just ask.

Tams having a really ahrd time & isn't at the PC much or at all bless her :(

Hope it eases up for you soon Lexis hun :hugs:

thanks it is ok ish now...still annoying sometimes, i'm just very sick of being pregnant i think which is making everything worse

Been away for long time due do that damn spd!!!!!! :evil: it can take over and you just cant be bothered with anything or concentrate.My poor kids have wondered where their mother has gone. My whole support goes out to you fellow sufferers.I am on crutches at the mo and have had a sweep done today, if that does not work im being induced on 27th december!! WHOOPEEEEEEEE :D . you need plenty of rest and invest in a gym ball and unfortunately the only cure is birth i'm afraid. :hugs: HANG IN THERE! I hope tam is okay. I have not been online for yonks.

Hi Becca!

Sorry to here you have had uch a hard time of it! You've had a sweep early!!

If you have our induction we may ive birth on the same day, I have my section booked for 28th!!

Take care of yourself and getlots of rest.

Good luck with your c section ,i cant wait to see our babba take care and enjoy your christmas!!! :D

Hi, im posting for my sister who is almost 37 weeks and in lots of pain which i think sounds like this SPD. She went up the hospital yesterday where they did an internal and scrape as her scan showed that the baby was lying back to back and pressing against her spinal nerves. sHe is also not very big as apparently she is not holding enough water. Sorry to post here but wasnt sure where else to post! have been worried about her and thinking she is scared about going into labour. x

It doesnt sound like SPD to me, if the doc is saying its the babys position hatting nervs, unless they are wrong and thats not the problem. What are her symptoms, what is it that caused the pain, is it done by moving in any sort of way, and where exactly is the pain.

If it is being caused by the baby being back to back (I had this with my son) its not a problem in terms of causing any harm to the baby, its just not as 'comfortable' for the mother. The baby can rotate round quite easily throught preganacy and labour itself, their are ways of encouraging them to move though, through good posture and differnt labour positions, and spending time each day on all fours, walking up stairs sideways etc etc, have a google and you should find some hints, if not get her to speak to her midwife. Also using a birthing ball may help this. Hope she feels better soon!

Completely missed this thread :blush:

But I hope all you ladies are much better now......5 weeks after giving birth and I am 99% human again!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Miss Maternal can you go into more details about your sister? I know that a baby back to back can cause pain too...

Back to back is painful ... maddie was back to back ... OUCH!

I was carrting 5cm fluid with maddie but it replaces itself slowly apparently!

Hope she feels better soon, it makes u feel crap

xxx

Hiya, I have told my sister your tips on walking sideways up the stairs and the bathing ball and she is going to try it. Thanks Cat. I also reassured her that it is quite normal to have lie back to back and she seems more at ease now thanks. She has been a lot better and now just waiting to meet her little one. Yesterday, she went to have aqua pressure at the chinese medicine place as her friend reccomended it but now she is feeling sick.

Congratulations on your baby Tam.:baby:

Ihave been doing a lot of reading on this over the last couple of days, as Ireally need to aviod delivering back to back again this time. Tell her to avoid at all costs laying on a bed on her back or sitting on bed during labour as this makes it more likely to deliver this way. Instead try positions like all fours, or squatting, stradling a chair and with her chest forwards against the back of the chair, positions like this will not only reduce the chance of being back to back. but also relieve back pressure anyway, and speed up labour as it puts more pressure on the cervix to dilate.

Hiya, I have told my sister your tips on walking sideways up the stairs and the bathing ball and she is going to try it. Thanks Cat. I also reassured her that it is quite normal to have lie back to back and she seems more at ease now thanks. She has been a lot better and now just waiting to meet her little one. Yesterday, she went to have aqua pressure at the chinese medicine place as her friend reccomended it but now she is feeling sick.

Congratulations on your baby Tam.:baby:

Thank you babe! x

Not long to go now Cat. i bet you are feeling uncomfortable.:hugs: I spoke to my sister tonight and she has been up the hospital again with a false alarm. SHe has been getting contractions and the babys head is properly engaged and causing pain when she wees. They tried to give her an internal but couldnt and then said that they have only seen something like this happen once!!:blush: She is waiting for her waters to break but its not happening. She has got thrush and maybe a urine infection but will let her know in a few days. She ius so uncomfortable bless her but she is not actually due until 6th April. Her partner thinks she will have her on April fools day!!:fool: :tease:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->