Pelvic floor excercise's. Possibly TMI

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
From the first time I saw my MW she said "start your pelvic floors now and don't ever ever stop" and I've been doing them. But the last couple of weeks.. I can't do it! I can't seem to get the "lift" and if I do manage the "lift" I can't cope with the "hold".

I'm terrified that I'm destined to spend my life in dribble pads, what's wrong with me? It's like my pelvic floor has already given up :blush:

Please tell me I'm not alone!!

Hold it as long as possible, even if it's only for a second right now. As you gain strength, you'll be able to hold it longer. I do my pelvic floor exercises and hold it for most of the day because I've been doing them frequently for the last 10 years. I still pee myself, so don't think it's a magic pill. Hahahaha

Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with you, but it is harder once there is a baby pressing on it. I was very naughty and didn't do mine second time round and have had to start doing them post-birth as a few times I've experienced a slight 'dribble'! That never happened before baby number 2! I blame the super-fast delivery!

Glad i am not the only one! I didn't do them enough with my first pregnancy and hated the feeling post labour so I really started doing them regularly. Now 16 weeks pregnant the "hold" is certainly getting harder! I still persevere and am going to start back at pilates soon! Poor women having to go through this!

I really struggle with this too. I'm trying to remember to do some every day though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->