Pelvic floor exercises

C

Crypto1976

This is another of my silly questions but at what point should you start doing these? XX

when ever you like hun its because the baby gets heavy that the problem starts but you can start now if ya like ya will be nice and strong down there xxx

Start now, you will thank yourself later!:haha:

Your pelvic floor keeps everything where it's supposed to be. Generally as you get older, your pelvic floor becomes weaker which is why many elderly people sometimes pee themselves or fart all of the time. There is lots of benefits to do with childbirth and pregnancy and not to do with it as well.

Lol! And crypto there's no such thing as a silly question remember! Xx

i always said i would start this as soon as i got my bfp but so far i havent done any, every time i try i just feel like i couldnt be bothered, its too hard :rofl:

It does take far too much concentration ( for my pea like brain). I am also consciuos not to bob up and down while doing it, or screw my face up!!!

lol glad you started this thread ive been wondering the same thing! anyone know how many per day we should be doing?? lol still waiting on my mw app to come thru n was planning on asking her all this! lol x

I dont think there is a set amount you should be doing....but a good one is holding your pee whilst sat on the loo for a couple of seconds a number of times...thats what I find easiest anyway. I also just do them whilst im sat doing nothing, I probably do about 10 at a time.

lol cool, ive always done the whole holding my wee mid-flow so ive been doing them without realising i guess lol least this can be my new years resolution that i'll actually stick to this year! lol x

Actually, holding your wee midflow cause encourouge bacteria to enter and cause a UTI. Although it is the same action for pelvic floor exercises, it isn't recommended.

Actually, holding your wee midflow cause encourouge bacteria to enter and cause a UTI. Although it is the same action for pelvic floor exercises, it isn't recommended.

Ive never heard of that before!!

is it not midwifes who actually recommend you do this?? I also heard you can get a class or lesson or something after you've had the baby to make sure you strengthen them back up again....plus pelvic floor are incorporated into exercise classes such as pilates and yoga....ive always heard of women who have kids saying to anyone preg make sure you do your pelvic floors! lol x

Arghhh I keep forgetting! I do them every time I think about it, but that's not often enough! I want to try and get into a regular pattern! x

Lol -You should do them all the time -every day whether preggers or not. I do mine driving the car or sitting at the computer -once practiced at it you wont find it difficult or time consuming at all. xx

I did them a lot with my first and plan to do them a lot this time too :thumbup:

I really do think they make a difference!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->