people and their comments!

Thats really horrible - i would be fuming.
My brothers are closer to my mum than I am.. I am the only one who lives out of town but even before then I was never a mummies girl in the slightest.

Arrrrghh..... it annoys me. I am having my 3rd and last baby and 3rd boy. Why do people feel its ok to make comments like 'aww thats a shame' 'will you try again for a girl?' ............. 'wow your house is going to be loud with 3 boys, i couldnt imagine that'.

Come on REALLY???? i have no control over what sex my baby is and why do people have this thing against boys? oh they are so loud, they make so much mess, they are dirty etc etc!

Just winds me up. I have actually avoided a coffee morning this morning just so i dont have to deal with these comments. Yes it would have been nice to have a girl this time but you dont need to make comments about my boys!!
Its bad enough that they wouldnt put the sex down in my folder as the cord was between the legs so she said she cant say 100% but she is pretty sure. Plus my in-laws have lost all interest in this pregnancy since finding out its another boy as this will be their 4th grandson.
Sometimes i would be quite happy to shut myself away as its other people that cause gender disappointment most of the time!

sorry just needed to vent!

Ahhh it's totally not just a boy thing! I had people appear disappointed when I told them we were having another girl! People just seem to think they are "helping", or perhaps they are projecting their own wishes and wants onto us. Try not to take it personally. I find that when I say (almost immediately after telling them it's another girl) how excited I am to have 2 girls close in age to grow up together, people tend to be quiet and not say anymore harsh things. So that's been what I've been doing--if they ask, I tell them, say something positive and then walk away or get distracted by something else :) Not everyone has negative comments, but a lot of people do. Again, I think MOST of the time, people MEAN well--but they don't realize their comments can be hurtful.

Enjoy your pregnancy, honey. Boys and girls BOTH are wonderful and CHILDREN are a blessing. I think the society we live in where gender announcements/reveals on social media cause more pressure. I worked with an elderly patient once who had 4 boys and had SO MUCH joy when she spoke about it. We get what we get--and all children are a blessing!

This really annoys me too Hun! I'm pregnant with boy number 2 & I also got the 'aww what a shame, maybe you'll get a girl the 3rd time lucky?'
Urgh I didn't actually mind what we were having as long as baby was ok - that's all that matters! My sister got it worse from people because she ended up having 4 boys - when she was pregnant with her youngest they told her it was a girl at 20 weeks (my sister knew it was too good to be true lol) and when she had to have a growth scan at 34 weeks it was actually another boy! She loves having 4 loud crazy boys haha!

I have a similar situation, except that I do have a daughter and a son already, and we're now expecting #3. People keep asking us if we're going to find out the gender of this baby, and we're going to remain firmly on team green, and let it be a surprise. They first act like we're insane, because I "already had one boy and one girl...it was perfect", as if I'm somehow disrupting some delicate balance of evolution or something. Then I get to hear, "If it's a girl, then_____________, and if it's a boy_____________," as if they know either of my children well enough to know how either of them are actually going to respond and react to either gender. It's annoying. Ugh.

Ugh people just sometimes don't know when to just not say anything:nope:

Last year I finally got pregnant after an almost 2½ year struggle that included 6 failed medicated IUIs and 2 IVFs, the first that resulted in a CP and the 2nd resulted in my now 8 month old son. DH and I were Team :yellow: since we didn't care what gender baby was, as long as it was healthy. When I was about 4-4½ months pregnant we went to DH's nephew's 11th birthday. My BIL's ex-MIL started asking me about the gender and I told her we didn't care so didn't know and would first find out when baby was born. She started asking me what I would prefer and I told her I didn't have any preference, especially after all we went through. She said all women want daughters so I must be mostly hoping for a girl:growlmad::dohh: I told her no, I honestly don't hope for any specific gender but she pretty much insisted I must want a girl.

But yeah it's so odd how people think you were hoping for a specific gender because they felt that way themselves:dohh:

A lovely cousin of my oh has lost two babies at 12 weeks and 8 weeks in the last 9 months and her mil knows all about it and said to her you should be having another by now!!! How stupid can people be.

oh i totally get this! I had 3 boys then a girl and then another 3 boys before this baby and people are always so disappointed when i announce boy! i absolutely agree its their stupid comments that contribute to gender disappointment as you nearly don't want to say what you are having to avoid their negativity.

All I've had since we found out that we were having a girl is "oh that's wonderful! The gentleman's family! You don't need to have any more now!" This had even come from my own mother. I actually didn't and don't care what we have as long as baby is healthy and if it weren't for some physical issues in the pregnancy then we'd be happy to try again regardless. Some folk just can't mind their own business.

I had this after my second as I had a boy and girl and people seemed so surprised that I spoke of wanting more as if I should be done because "I got so lucky!" :dohh:

Personally, OH and I have 4 girls and 2 boys between our children...I've spoke of wanting a boy to even it out a little, but another baby girl would be just as amazing! Watching my OH father our girls is the absolute most amazing thing I've witnessed ...EVER. And I haven't had a baby boy for nearly 8 years! Haha. Do I even know what to do anymore? (Kidding lol)

wow there are so many of us having to put up with this its terrible :(

I am still trying to think of a witty come back but not got one as of yet! I did say to one woman who said to me 'its going to be mad in your house'
Me: well i am quite lucky as MY boys are not that hyper, so it wont be too bad'.
her boy is CRAZY hyper:haha: and she knows it. She looked at me and knew what i was saying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->