People who buy from ebay, I need you input to help my business :)

Louise88

Dd- ciara and ds- James
Reaction score
Please if you have a few spare moments give your input on the following questions I have :) I recently started a business on ebay I'm focusing on jewellery and watches so far I seem to be making more money every week infact have made £230 in the last 2 weeks which is great for me :)

Anyways pretend your searching ebay for a piece of jewellery or a watch;

1) would you look for buy it now items or auction ones? Which option are you usually more attracted to?

2) Are you more likely to go for an item with free postage?

3) if you found a piece of jewellery or watch that you wanted would you see if you could get it cheaper from someone else before buying or would you just buy it instantly without further looking?

4) pictures, are you more likely to check out or buy an item with a professional looking picture over a picture that looks very amateur and took on a mobile phone?

5) Feedback, would you be put off from buying an item off someone with low feedback even if its 100%?

6) description, do you check out the description of the item? Are you more likely to buy an item that has a long but good description over a short and sweet description?

And anything else you'd like to add is more then welcome :D

1) would you look for buy it now items or auction ones? Which option are you usually more attracted to? I am normally attracted to auctions as price tends to be lower but it wouldn't hurt to have a few BIN as well

yes love free postage
3) if you found a piece of jewellery or watch that you wanted would you see if you could get it cheaper from someone else before buying or would you just buy it instantly without further looking? yes I always look around see if I can get some money off buying else where

4) pictures, are you more likely to check out or buy an item with a professional looking picture over a picture that looks very amateur and took on a mobile phone?
I wouldn't say professional but clear, well laid out and sometimes more than one picture. Nothing worse than a blurry rushed photo
5) Feedback, would you be put off from buying an item off someone with low feedback even if its 100%?
No as long as it was clear they were fairly new then it wouldn't bother me

6) description, do you check out the description of the item? Are you more likely to buy an item that has a long but good description over a short and sweet description?
I prefer a longer description if it means more details

1) would you look for buy it now items or auction ones? Which option are you usually more attracted to?
Bit of both, if I'm bidding ill watch to the end then bid.

Yep, I hate paying postage :haha:

3) if you found a piece of jewellery or watch that you wanted would you see if you could get it cheaper from someone else before buying or would you just buy it instantly without further looking?
I always look for cheaper, love a bargain!

Professional pictures are much better.

So long as the feedback is good I don't mind.

From past experience (my mum made a lot of money on eBay a few years ago!) a good, well detailed description is better.

And anything else you'd like to add is more then welcome :D

1. Auctions. But if the buy it now price is the best I can find I would buy it.

2. Yes but if the price of the item plus postage is still the lowest I could find I would buy it. Basically I add postage costs to the price as that's basically what you're paying for the item.

3. I would always look around.

4. Pro pictures are best. But as long as you can see the item clearly I wouldn't be overly fussed.

5. I never look at feedback but if I did I wouldn't care how many they had as long as it was good.

6. I always check the description and I like as much info as possible. I have not bought things on there before due to lack of info and me not being bothered to message the seller.

HTH :)

1) I tend to go for buy it now items. If I'm looking for something on eBay it's cos I need/want it for something in particular and i can't be bothered watching things waiting for them to end.

2) Paying for postage doesn't bother me, I filter to lowest price first so it's the overall cost I'm interested in.

3) No I'd buy it, seeing as it should be the lowest anyway due to the filtering.

4) As long as I can see the item properly, I don't mind how the picture is taken. I hate stock photos!

5) Nope, only put off by bad feedback. Everyone starts somewhere.

6) I like simple descriptions with all the facts. As long as it says what I need to know (colour, size etc) I'm happy.

I normally go for Buy it Now nowadays. I like to look for something, find it, pay and know it's on its way. I can't be bothered checking on auction bids any more! I notice some sellers offer both options which I think is a good idea, as long as the BIN price is what they'd realistically achieve at auction.

I go for whatever is cheapest with postage included.

Yes, I always check for cheaper alternatives, especially if there's a brand name/particular product name to search for so it's easy to compare.

It depends on price really! If the picture is a bit rubbish but everything else looks okay I don't mind, but if the whole listing is a bit crappy and unprofessional I would tend to avoid.

Nope, I'm happy enough that ebay/Paypal/my bank would protect my rights.

I prefer a proper detailed description for things from professional sellers. I don't mind short descriptions from people selling their own stuff, but if it's a shop I expect full info.

Auction if it's just for me but if I'm looking for a gift I usually look for BIN because I'll not want to wait. If I'm not looking for anything specific then I don't click either.

Yep.

Depends how easy it was to find that one. But usually yeah I shop around.

Yep. An amateur pic wouldn't put me off if it's clear but I notice professional, crisp photos first.

If it was a big purchase I would. If I was only buying jewellery though I probably wouldn't even check.

As detailed as possible. As a PP said if there's something I like but the description doesn't contain specifics I just move on rather than messaging the seller.

1) would you look for buy it now items or auction ones? Which option are you usually more attracted to? Both, I love the feeling of winning auctions :)haha:) but sometimes I just want the item now, so I'd say have both options :)

2) Are you more likely to go for an item with free postage? Yes, but low p&p costs don't bother me either, it costs money to package and post after all!

3) if you found a piece of jewellery or watch that you wanted would you see if you could get it cheaper from someone else before buying or would you just buy it instantly without further looking? That depends on the price for me, if the price was already low I wouldn't bother!

4) pictures, are you more likely to check out or buy an item with a professional looking picture over a picture that looks very amateur and took on a mobile phone? I'd go for professional over amateur.

5) Feedback, would you be put off from buying an item off someone with low feedback even if its 100%? No, everyone has to start somewhere!

6) description, do you check out the description of the item? Are you more likely to buy an item that has a long but good description over a short and sweet description? Tricky one, I like to have a good lot of information, while not being overloaded iykwim? So inbetween!

With jewellery/watches i'd always go for buy now, because it's a pain to sit and watch(lol) something and not win it when there are lots of that item iykwim? Most other things i'd do auctions.

I'm not more likely to go with free p&p because i look at the overall cost - price+p&p

If i was happy with the price i wouldn't bother looking elsewhere, but i do look elsewhere to see if people have anything of a similar design/different colour once i know what i'm looking for.

i don't care if they are professional or on a mobile as long as i can see the item from multiple angles and they are clear photos so i can be sure that it'll look how i imagined.

5) Feedback, would you be put off from buying an item off someone with low feedback even if its 100%? No, but with low feedback i always read it before i buy.

I like to see a description and more likely to buy with someone who has put the time into write one because you know they take it seriously and are bothered about customer services rather than making a quick £.

With watches and bracelets please consider those of us who have very skinny wrists/or large wrists for that matter, and sell ones with different straps e.g leather wrap/bracelet link or anything that is adjustable. (the smallest hole on a watch is way too big to keep my watch/bracelet in place. Even if i love a design i wouldn't waste my time buying something that would slid up and down my arm or hang off my wrist and get caught on things) I'd imagine you'd get more sales this way

Thankyou all for your input :) it's very helpful! I've been doing alot of buy it now prices with free postage so may try auctioning a few aswell as I buy my items in bulk. After reading your feedback I feel I need to work a bit more on my descriptions, I'm absolutely rubbish at English so this will be my biggest challenge :) im finding at the moment I'm still making mistakes but learning from them quickly hopefully I can get my business running great and not have it fall on its bum lol

Again thankyou :hugs: xxx

Bit of both really, but im an impulse buyer

Defo

I always look for the cheapest retailer and quickest postage, and weigh my options up

To me, it needs to look clear, good angles and genuine. Professional actually puts me off a little as I worry its a stock image

Nope, eBay is a contract and Paypal covers me

A good description but not too fancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->