"Perfectly in proportion"

Tabs

Mummy to Morgan & Niamh!
Reaction score
Morgan has got her 6 week check up on Tuesday at the clinic (and it's good there, they actually have a paediatrician there every Tuesday morning!) and so this afternoon one of the Health Visitors came to measure her weight, length and head circumference in preparation.

Today, she weighs 9lb 5oz which means she is putting just the right amount of weight on and is following the growth chart absolutely spot on! She's bang on the 25th centile line still. (I know those graphs are dated, but it's still nice to see a steady growth)

She is 21 inches long and her head circumference is 14 inches. Both of which are also on the 25th centile line. So the Health Visitor said she is perfectly in proportion and growing just lovely!

However, she did notice that she has oral thrush (I must admit, I had a suspicion, but wasn't sure if it was just milk on her tongue) so she's going to try and arrange an appointment for her at the GP tomorrow so I can get some meds for her!

Also, we are going to discuss with the paediatrician on Tuesday about the fact that she chokes and struggles to catch her breath an awful lot. It happened while the HV was here this afternoon, so she could see what I mean. It happens not just when she's feeding, but when she's sleeping, wide awake, lying down, sitting up, and it's getting more frequent. We are wondering whether she may have a floppy larynx? So will see what the doc says about that on Tuesday.

But all-in-all, she's developing just lovely, and in fact, her personality has really started to come through the last two days, and she's been like a different little girl.... far happier, and loads of smiles (hence the pics and vid I posted yesterday).

I'm still feeling a bit down, but not so much because of her, but because it's the 1st anniversary of Grandad's death next saturday, and I'm finally letting myself grieve properly for the first time in 12 months.

But I can't stay too sad for long, as I have a beautiful and special little girl who I love very much.

Aww bless you hun...look at your beautiful little baby and the world will seem a wonderful place...shes beautiful...and well done...sounds lik you are doing a amazing job xxx

Bless! Glad to hear she is doing well.

I hope all goes well at the GPs tomorrow and with the pediatrician on Tuesday. It must be quite scary to watch the poor thing choking.

Mx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->