Perinatal Follow up

T

turbo_mom

Well today was Angelynn's perinatal follow up. Her last one was 6 months ago. But today it took forever!!! I was at the hospital with her for almost 5 hours :dohh: Lucky for me Angel did very well and was not cranky at all which was suprising because she had one large bottle for the whole time! I forgot her formula at home :dohh:

But she's doing very well. All of the doctors are very pleased with her progress.
SHe weighed in at a whopping 18lbs 2 oz 28 inches long. :happydance:
Her weight is within the 50th percentile which has been consistent throughout and her length is in the 90th percentile.
Also because of awesome growth she doesn't have to be on the preemie formula anymore. We took her off it a month ago because it's just too expensive but now we can eliminate it altogether!! YAY!!!
But I do have to work on her tummy time. I have a few excercises to do with her during the day to get her from a sitting position onto her hands and knees. She always wants to spread eagle when she's on her knees so we have to hold them in under her which really pisses her off. But I know she'll catch on!
I also picked up a few new foods for her to try since shes not too partial on chunky textures. Over the last couple weeks she's gotten better and really starting to chew her food so now i have to work on getting her eating mainly solids instead of her formula.

She passed her hearing test with flying colors but I already knew she would :)
And her eyes are doing well no sign of needing glasses yet! :happydance:
She was so tired during the exam too she was sleeping while the nurse was trying to exam her eyes :rofl: she only briefly woke up when the drops went in. Than she fell right back asleep for 20 mins.
She's really surprised everyone. She's such a strong girl and i'm so happy that she's normal and doesn't have any setbacks. After her rough start in life it's just fantastic to know that she's OK and there's nothing to worry about.
ahhhh i'm so blessed :cloud9:

Ahh that's brilliant news. Well done you and well done to little Angel xx

Bless her....sounds like she's doing great:happydance:

A tip with the food. I've always found that my kids have adjusted better to finger foods rather than just going onto lumpier stuff, combine the two and they adjust much quicker. I give Toby a Rusk biscuit in his hand to hold while feeding him his porridge or a breadstick while giving him his dinner etc....do you know what I mean????

Dry Cheerio's in a bowl always go down well too:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->