Period after progesterone cream?

MillieJoan

WTT for #2 late 2013 :-)
Reaction score
I was on 20 mg of progesterone cream 2x a day this cycle, and I stopped it yesterday, 2 weeks after I started it. Last cycle, I used the same amount and got my period 12 days in, so I'm wondering how long it might take for my period to come this time. Any ideas? I was super-crampy while on the progesterone, but that's almost totally gone now :wacko:

ETA: Not sure if I was clear above: I didn't have to stop the progesterone in order to get my period last cycle, as my period came on its own 12 days after I began the cream. This time, I had to stop after 14 days and no sign of AF yet.

I was on 20 mg of progesterone cream 2x a day this cycle, and I stopped it yesterday, 2 weeks after I started it. Last cycle, I used the same amount and got my period 12 days in, so I'm wondering how long it might take for my period to come this time. Any ideas? I was super-crampy while on the progesterone, but that's almost totally gone now :wacko:

ETA: Not sure if I was clear above: I didn't have to stop the progesterone in order to get my period last cycle, as my period came on its own 12 days after I began the cream. This time, I had to stop after 14 days and no sign of AF yet.

Sorry to be stalking your progesterone posts, but seems like you're just a little ahead of me in your cycle and have just a little bit more experience with the cream than me! What ended up happening with you? Did AF come? I take it you stopped at 14 days because still no BFP? I think trying to figure out when to stop using the cream if I'm not pregnant is the part about the cream that has me most concerned. I guess it's pretty straight forward, but I'd hate to stop the cream too early.

Hi ladies. You may have to play with your dosing and when to stop to find a good rhythm for you. This is day 9 (started at 3DPO so today I'm 11DPO) on 20mg/day of progesterone cream and I love it :) . This is also my third cycle on Vitex (I take it all cycle), love this too :haha: . I'm fighting what I believe is some truly wicked hormonal imbalance (estro dom/low progesterone) and these tools have really been a godsend for me. I plan on stopping 14DPO if I don't go BFP and AF doesn't start on her own (the earliest I've gotten a BFP is 13DPO). After stopping the cream AF should start around 1-3 days later on average. GL!

Hi ladies. You may have to play with your dosing and when to stop to find a good rhythm for you. This is day 9 (started at 3DPO so today I'm 11DPO) on 20mg/day of progesterone cream and I love it :) . This is also my third cycle on Vitex (I take it all cycle), love this too :haha: . I'm fighting what I believe is some truly wicked hormonal imbalance (estro dom/low progesterone) and these tools have really been a godsend for me. I plan on stopping 14DPO if I don't go BFP and AF doesn't start on her own (the earliest I've gotten a BFP is 13DPO). After stopping the cream AF should start around 1-3 days later on average. GL!

I'll be watching for an update from you tomorrow, SweetPotato! Good luck!!! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->