Period came again!!

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
I am 38 next month and trying to get pregnant .
I already have 2 children who are 8 and 4.

With my first 2, I got pregnant after 2/3 months of trying. I know I am older now so it will take longer but I am already feeling down after trying for 3 months without a result now.

I am doing all the right things; taking folic acid, reduced caffeine and use Opk sticks to predict ovulation so intercourse is timed well.
I have also noticed that mt period cramps & back ache has been worse since Ttc!!

Is there anything else I can do to increase chances of getting pregnant?
Should I be seeing my GP just yet?

My husband said we are too old now & it just may not happen ☹️

Bump
Anyone?

This forum use to be so active before but now no one replies :(

Hi Angelica ,
I turn 38 in a few months and have 2 children age 9 & 4. Ive had a mc at 7 weeks 3 yrs ago .We're ttc #3 , it's our 2nd month trying .This month we used preseed,but no luck. Both my children were conceived with Clomid so I know we're gona struggle without it again. As we get older it does get harder ,but please don't be disheartened,it's early days yet.You could try your GP but I know when I saw mine when I was ttc#2 She said I'd have to try IVF & kept saying it may just happen naturally -but it didn't in the end .So this time I'm not even gona try my GP. Next month I think I'm gona try Soya Isoflavones, But that's because I know I have a problem ovulating - I do ovulate but it's just not strong enough to get pregnant. Keep trying hopefully we'll get that Bfp soon !! xx

Since you are over 35 I think they do suggest contacting your doctor sooner than if you were younger. Something like after 6 months of well-timed sex and no BFP, I think. Call your doc and get their input on when they'd want to see you. Can't hurt, right?

With that said, you were still a little better than average getting your other two within a couple months of trying. So even with hitting three months, you're not "having issues" yet. Your next cycle might be it!

Thanks for your replies ladies!
I am also going to record my temperatures to confirm that i am actually ovulating

i get it. my first two pregnancies were conceived on the VERY first try, though i did miscarry the first one. this time i'm on cycle two and pretty sure im out.. :( i feel terrible complaining because i know so many other people who have struggled for SO LONG with this.. but i cant help that sinking feeling that something is wrong this time... with me.. with him (neither of my babies were conceived with him, so we just dont know)

:( im really feeling discouraged and i wish i wasnt this way so early on... because it feels so petty.

I'm 39 hence my name😉
I have 2 children 19 and 15 from previous relationship. I'm with my soul mate now he has no children and is coming up 35. I had a miscarriage in march 🙁 but we trying again. It took us 2yrs but.. I was on the depo injection which I would never recommend to anyone. Yes it's harder but achievable!
I'm waiting now had spotting now nothing so hoping implanting bleed.
Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->