Period inconsistencies while bf: should I be concerned?

babytobe

Reaction score
Hey ladies, wondering if you can help me with a question. ...

Can it be normal to have your period come back for a number of months while breastfeeding, and then dissappear again?....

I got my period back about 4.5 months after my son was born (was hoping it wouldn't come back so soon while exclusively bf!). I had a period in October, November, December, and January. I haven't had another one since then. I'm still breastfeeding him quite a bit. I also started working out in February, and even though I eat a ton of whatever I want, I'm really thin and 10lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight.

Is this normal? Is my period just gone because I'm still bf a lot and exercising?

I was a little concerned that I might be pregnant today, because I started feeling ill all of a sudden. Light headed and a bit nauseous. I took a pregnancy test though and it came back negative. And we use condoms every time and we have been too busy to do much hooky these days!:winkwink:

TIA!

It's normal for your cycle to be irregular, if you tested and it's negative then I wouldn't worry :)

Thanks for your reply :).

I did take a pregnancy test a few days later, and it came back negative. I was relieved! But then Friday I decided to take another once, because I bought a pack of two. An almost invisible line showed up..... I couldn't decide if that means a positive or negative! So I got another one the next day (Saturday), and it was definitely negative. Relieved again! But then the last few days I've been feeling exactly like I did when I was pregnant with my son.

My husband thinks I'm just going to get my period. But I've had my period 4 times since I've had my son, and none of these symptoms. I've only had these kinds of symptoms when I'm pregnant. It's throwing me off! Anyhow, I got another test for tomorrow morning. I just want my period to come or to find out if I'm pregnant!

I BF both my babies. The first AF came back around 9mths later for 2 months then disappeared again for 2 or 3 months. I was convinced I was pregnant. I wasn't.

After baby no.2 AF back for May, June, July then nothing in August back September, nothing October or November but regular since December.

I think it can take a while for your body to get back in the swing of things!

Thanks Berri.... that's encouraging. I asked my mom about it and she said her period would come and go too while she was breastfeeding. Now I'm just concerned about how bad this period is going to be with all thsee pms symptoms :sad2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->