Period late - negative test

viv26

Reaction score
Hi! I've never been on here but I'm looking for advice. I'm 27, and have a boyfriend but not trying to get pregnant. We were going to try to wait to have sex but that hasnt been working and we've been having sex for the last few months. We use a condom or the pull-out method. I've always gotten my periods every 28 days like clockwork but mine is now 6-7 days late. I feel like I have mild period cramps pretty often and i've been a little nauseous (it could be from the heat) a few times but nothing abnormal other than that. I took a cheap preg. test when I was 4 days late and it was negative, so I was really relieved but that its even later I'm worried it was a false negative? I'm just confused because my periods have been 28 days for 10 + years and now its almost a week late, and the only thing thats changed is we've been having sex. Has this happened to anyone else and they were just late or has anyone had a negative test that was wrong?

Hi Viv26! You might want to read some of the threads in Two Week Wait - there are a couple with women who are late for AF but also getting BFNs. Generally being a week late but getting a BFN on a FRER is a sign that you aren't pregnant, but there are plenty of women who did not get a BFP until fairly late (5.5-8 weeks.) You can find some of their stories in the TWW section.

The best way for you to definitively know is to go to the doctor for a blood test. GL - I hope you get the answer you want. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->