Period-like cramping during TWW... Am I out this month?

Megan0625

Reaction score
Hi ladies! So, I had my 3rd IUI on September 10, so I'm 6dpo today. I've been having intermittent mild period-like cramping since 4dpo (that's about a normal time for me to start having a bit of cramping), and I have some nausea today. But I have been feeling a little down about it because I can't help but feel like it's a bad sign that I'm not pregnant this cycle. Logically, I try to remind myself that rising progesterone during this phase of the luteal phase mimics PMS-like symptoms and can cause cramping, as well as other symptoms such as tender breasts, etc. Plus, my mom told me she cramped through all 4 of her pregnancies. But because this is something we have put so much time and money into and we want so badly, cramps always make me start feeling discouraged and down. I went in for my progesterone blood test today to make sure my levels are good, so I'll have that info later (I'm not too worried because my levels have always been fantastic). But does anybody have any words of encouragement or has anybody ever had similar symptoms but still had a positive pregnancy test result? I'm just really trying to stay positive. Thank you!

I had absolutely none of the typical pregnancy signs before my bfp and had cramps just as I was expecting whilst waiting for af. The only reason I thought to test was my rhr was going back up, not down and my bbs actually decreased in soreness whereas usually they are consistent until af.

It wasn't until I was about 6 weeks that the symptoms started coming through. A lot of women say they had cramps before bfp so it doesn't mean you're out, although I know it's hard given cramps can go either way at this stage

I had absolutely none of the typical pregnancy signs before my bfp and had cramps just as I was expecting whilst waiting for af. The only reason I thought to test was my rhr was going back up, not down and my bbs actually decreased in soreness whereas usually they are consistent until af.

It wasn't until I was about 6 weeks that the symptoms started coming through. A lot of women say they had cramps before bfp so it doesn't mean you're out, although I know it's hard given cramps can go either way at this stage
Thank you so much for your response! That does make me feel a lot better. The tww is such a stressful time, I feel like I'm going crazy. I will say I do normally feel like my bbs are getting sore around this time of my cycle but nothing yet. I've had a few random sharp, almost burning/prickling pains and then it stops, but again, I'm probably just noticing every little thing right now. Thanks again!

It's hard not to notice every thing when you're anxiously waiting :) fingers crossed you get the outcome you want

My only symptom was period type cramps before my BFP so you’re definitely not out. Best of luck x

Hope it’s a good sign for you. I and around 4/5dpo and crampy, and also very gassy! Have you tested yet?

Hope it’s a good sign for you. I and around 4/5dpo and crampy, and also very gassy! Have you tested yet?
Thank you! I haven't tested yet, I'm honestly scared of getting my heart broken again so I'm going to try to wait as long as possible, but I will definitely test before my beta next week. Knowing me, I will probably test this weekend lol. My progesterone level was 12ng/mL yesterday, which was a little lower than they would have wanted for a medicated cycle, so I started progesterone supplements last night, which will hopefully prep my body for implantation. Of course, now my cramps (as well as other side effects) are really bad because of the progesterone but I keep telling myself that it's all part of the process. Good luck to you too, I will let you know when I test! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->