period like cramping...?

octoberbaby2

Reaction score
Last night for about 2 hours I had some painful what I think was Braxton hicks contractions. Today I have had period like cramps for about a hour now.. does this mean anything? I am 37 weeks and 3 days, Iv been having more discharge then I have been having in the past few weeks also, with a bit of thicker white stuff in it?

any advice or anything ?

My last pregnancy I noticed a lot stronger BH contractions around 35 weeks. About a week before I went into labour I noticed more discharge... but it was more mucus like then creamy like before. Im still certain that it was small bits of my plug I was losing. The few days before I was getting really bad fluid retention in my wrists and I had a really sick stomach the evening before my water broke. I guess it was my bodies way of cleaning out my intestines?? (sorry, TMI) but I was in the bathroom for most of the night. Then I felt great and went to bed... slept soundly for the first time in months and got up at 6am to pee and when I reached for the paper to wipe.... I felt a big huge gush of fluid. I turned on the light in the bathroom and there was a chunk of mucus that had a brownish tint to it floating.... I knew it was my water breaking even before that though. THANK GOODNESS my water broke while I was on the toilet... there was a lot of fluid I would have ruined the bed! lol

I was in l&d for a few hours for monitoring a few weeks ago for the same thing.
I was only 32 weeks at the time though and i have a few problems with my placenta. Turns out i had a uti which is what was causing the cramping as it was irritating my uterus and i also had thrush which was causing the discharge. It might be worth ringing for advice.

I had cramping in ab and back and tightenings last Fri, lasted 15+hrs. I also had nausea and vomiting. I called the hospital as I was before 37 weeks. I was monitored for a bit and they put it down to a bug.

All weekend I felt like I'd been hit by a bus. More sickness etc and then it all tailed off.

I'd call in to see what they suggest. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->