Period or ongoing miscarriage?

ScorpioLoz

Reaction score
I got a bfp on 22nd aug (Thursday) then started bleeding brown blood (not heavy only when I wiped) on Monday 26th. This was accompanied with pain. Since then I have had no sharp pains but have continued to have the same type of blood. A scan last Friday (30th) showed miscarriage unfortunately. This was an internal scan which made my blood more red afterwards. Yesterday, (Monday) I had sex with my partner and after it was slightly more red than brown which was expected. Today, I have had to wer a pad as I am actually soiling it. It is like my normal period flow. Same colour too!

Does this sound like my miscarriage still playing with my body... Or am I having a period?

Some extra info: I have difficulty having a menstruated cycle after having absent periods for 20 months after coming off the birth control pill. Fell pregnant on my second round of clomid which made my period appear by itself in the first month after 31 days which is amazing!

Any insight would be much appreciated xxx

As I understand it, there needs to be at least 2 to 3 weeks of no spotting of any kind for the new blood to be considered a period. If you have had ongoing spotting then it's probably still related to the miscarriage. It's also generally recommended to not have sex until the bleeding stops as there is a higher risk of infection.

With two of my losses I got my period about 30 days after my miscarriage but with another loss it took 8 weeks as I had bled from the m/c for 6 weeks.

I hope that helps. Sorry if I misunderstood anything. And I'm sorry for your loss.

I got a bfp on 22nd aug (Thursday) then started bleeding brown blood (not heavy only when I wiped) on Monday 26th. This was accompanied with pain. Since then I have had no sharp pains but have continued to have the same type of blood. A scan last Friday (30th) showed miscarriage unfortunately. This was an internal scan which made my blood more red afterwards. Yesterday, (Monday) I had sex with my partner and after it was slightly more red than brown which was expected. Today, I have had to wer a pad as I am actually soiling it. It is like my normal period flow. Same colour too!

Does this sound like my miscarriage still playing with my body... Or am I having a period?

Some extra info: I have difficulty having a menstruated cycle after having absent periods for 20 months after coming off the birth control pill. Fell pregnant on my second round of clomid which made my period appear by itself in the first month after 31 days which is amazing!

Any insight would be much appreciated xxx

sounds like you have not healed fully or recovered fully..
didnt they warn you not to insert anything for while?

if not you shouldnt for at leat 3 weeks...

xxo

Was told nothing whatsoever, not even what to expect. I have a scan today so maybe they will inform me :-/ x

if they dont on the safer side i wouldnt put anything in, including tampon for three weeks...dont want to risk infection which can cause scaring..
better safe then sorry.,..

i hope everything heals up quickly for you and you go on the journey you wish xx

I'm sorry they didn't explain anything to you. It's such a pet peeve of mine that some doctors seem to think that m/c isn't a big deal because it's "natural". Um, so is death but their whole job is around preventing that from happening!

I hope you recover quickly. Healing physically really is a huge first step towards emotional healing. At least, it has been for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->