Period problems

Discussion in 'Not Trying, Not Preventing' started by Zodiac, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Zodiac

Zodiac Pregnant with #2

So I don't know what the heck is going on with my body. At my last GYN appointment in Nov. I mentioned that my period was comming very irregular- allways at a 30-33 day cycle, but I barely had a flow. The use of a panty liner was enough to get me through.

GYN put me on BCP for 3 months to help regulate things- well I was not only very unhappy on the pill, but I didn't get my period during the inactive pill week before starting a new pack of pills. I tested before starting new pack just in case and it was neg. Well on Jan 8th I decided I had enough and stopped taking the pill. It was just making me miserable.

From Jan 8th to now- I still haven't gotten a period. I started Vitex last Monday in attempt to #1 regulate cycle #2 start increasing fertility- but still no period. So what? How I can plan on TTC if maybe I'm not ovulating?

Very confused and fustrated.:growlmad:

2. Rin731

Rin731 LTTTC #1

I'm about the same, hon. I was on BCP in Sept, and was so miserable I got off. My periods have always been every other month, or more (up to 5!!!) apart. I haven't had a period since Nov, and neg tests every time I try. :( :shrug:

:hugs:
    I hope you can get yourself on a schedule. :dust:

3. CandiceSj

CandiceSj Well-Known Member

I always wonder how it helps to regulate cycle for someone looking to conceive when they put them on birth control! I know it normally helps get regular bleeding and days of cycle since you're changing your hormones every day for that effect, but it prevents ovulation and it makes a woman not able to conceive while she's on it.

Is it supposed to help keep the cycle stable even after being off it or what?

Sorry you're struggling... Hope Vitex works... Dont really know what it is though..

4. Zodiac

Zodiac Pregnant with #2

Eaxctly my thoughts!! I don't understand how a pill that prevents ovulation can hel increase your fertility!!

I tried to post an article link for Vitex- but I don't have enough posts.
    Here's a copy paste:

5. baileykenz

baileykenz Well-Known Member

very intersting