period when breastfeeding

mickey

Reaction score
alright, I thought I do not get my period for quite a while if I am breastfeeding!
it appears I got my period, looks like it, do not know what else it should be, expecially as I have the typical period like sensation in my lower abdomnen, although it's very mild pain (if it stays like this, hip hip hurray, as I always had aweful period pain!)

can anybody who is breastfeeding/who breastfed tell me how long it took after giving birth until period came?

I am really confused :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

i really hope it stays this way for you forever lol, bit of a bummer though about it comeing whilst you bf!

i'd love to be able to add into this, but i didnt bf with Abi, and with Izzie i got pg soon after so dont know as i never got a period inbetween and now my systems all fucked up and im still bleeding after giving birth :cry:

hope it all resolves itself soon for you hun x

The good news is, it is possible that your periods will be better, this happened with me after Jade, I went from having really painful, heavy & long ones, to painless light short ones! :happydance: But after baby no.2 I got heavy again, big style....but it seems to be getting better!

Anyway as for the breast feeding........I found this:

Some breastfeeding mothers resume their menstrual cycle sooner than 11 weeks and others after 24 months or more. It's all related to hormones and the differences in mothers and babies' breastfeeding styles. Usually, an earlier return of periods is linked to one or more of the following: your baby sleeping though the night, starting your baby on solid foods, weaning your baby off the breast, introducing a bottle and/or dummy, and changes in frequency and duration of nursing.

A later return of periods can be linked to: frequent breastfeeding around the clock, late introduction of solids, all of your baby's sucking needs being satisfied at the breast, sleeping with your baby, and wearing your baby close to your body in a sling.

Whether or not your periods return also depends on how your body reacts to breastfeeding hormones so, for example, you could still be breastfeeding around the clock, but start your periods again.

Hope this helps babe! x

If you wish to stop periods all together as part of a natural birth control, (lactation amenorreah) There are a number of things you'll need to try to follow. But as Tam said it really is basically the exclusive bonding of the mama and baby for the first six months especially, then for as long as you bf or wish to remain infertile.

I bF dd1 exclusively for the first 6 months of her life, and we were almost inseperable, but I had a return of my fertility within a month due to the fact I was gone from her for 3 or 4 hours at a time 2 times a day (I worked full time). Other than that I followed the pattern listed on the followign website.

https://ccli.org/nfp/ebf/summary.php

Hi Mickey, like you I was one of the unfortunate muma's that took a menstrual cylce quite soon whilst bf'ing. I was hoping to escape them for a good few months. Not to be. I took mine when Lucy was 8 weeks old or so.

xx:hugs:

yeah, I thought I am free off it until further notice!

and although Juleika is 24/7 with me my period came :baby:

well unleast it was not really painful, it was just like a moskito bite!

thx guys :hi:

:rofl: @ Mosquito bite!

Mine returned properly at around 9/10 months of breastfeeding.

Any bleeding from after you firt post bleed, means you are fertile, so be carefull if you dont want to get pregnant yet.

Mine arent that painful anymore, just annoying like the witch always is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->