Periods after having baby?

NennaKay

Hubby, two girls,and NTNP #3.
Reaction score
My beautiful baby girl was born on July 8, 2013. I had lochia bleeding for two weeks and when I went in for my 6 week postpartum check my period still hadn't started, but my OB prescribed the mini-pill since I am exclusively breastfeeding. Due to a mix up at the pharmacy I didn't get my pills until a week and a half later. I started them on September 1, and my period began on September 2 and ran for 7 days. The mini pill has no breaks like the regular pill, but your period is still supposed to occur during the 4th week.

So am I still regulating after giving birth, or what? It's been 38 days since my last period and I'm still waiting for it to show back up. Some of the information on the mini pill says you may not have a period. If that is the case, how do you know if you aren't going to have a period or if you are pregnant? Has anyone else started having periods and then had them stop? Thanks in advance!

You may not get a period whilst ebf at all until in my experience baby drops the night feeds :) Bu then be warned!! because in my experience your egg can come before your period so it is possible to fall pregnant without your periods ever returning, your cycle has returned but you can catch the 1st egg meaning your period won't:) I have fallen on the mini pill plus ebf with no period plus numerous times with just ebf and no periods:) So keep an eye out for any signs of ewcm which again might be hidden by the ebf lol!! Again in my experience baby sleeping through the night for 3+ consecutive nights is usually enough for me to pop an egg out:)

Took a pregnancy test since it has been 42 days since I last saw AF. :bfn: I guess I'll just test once a month to make sure and be thankful I'm not experiencing periods in the meantime! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->