Periods after miscarriage, advice?

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by Sarah17, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Sarah17

Sarah17 Guest

I miscarried on the 04/12/2010 naturally like I passed the baby no d&c or internal was needed I bled for about two weeks and then stopped. I was around 10 weeks pregnant.

Exactly a month later 04/01/2011 I came on a period it was way more painful than the usual periods I'd had and was very heavy too.

Before the miscarriage I was as regular as clockwork every 28 days I'd come on... It's been 28 days and I still havent come on, although a week ago I started having the same symptons as I did when I was pregnant, heartburn alot, feeling sick in the nights, dark around the nipples and basicaly really sore boobs but not period sore boobs like a stingy feeling like when I was pregnant.

I took a pregnancy test 3 days before my period; negative
    I took a pregnancy test a day before my period; negative.
    & today 28 days after my last period I've taken another pregnancy test which is also negative?

Am I testing too early? could I be pregnant? is the pregnancy test right and infact I'm not pregnant it's just the aftermath of the miscarriage?

2. angel91

angel91 Active Member

Sorry for loss, miscarriage is a complicated process. Your body may still be changing and getting back to normal. It is unlikely ur pregnant but never say never. Wait another week, if nothing test again and no matter what ur result, contact ur gp.
    Take care xxx

3. holly2234

holly2234 Well-Known Member

Im sorry for your loss. I had symptoms the first month after my MC too which was also natural. AF eventually came after just over 5 weeks i think.