Periods/contraception

Loulou04

Reaction score
When did your periods come back after having baby and did they go into a regular cycle? I had my first period over Christmas about 6 weeks post baby and it was horrendous it was really heavy (I normally have heavy periods anyway but this was on another scale) also when did you start using contraception again and what did you use? Thank you in advance

Hi. My first period came at 6 weeks post partum and was horrendous.
I started the mini pill just after and been taking it ever since but I'm having 2 periods a month. Always around the same time each month. My periods have always been heavy to.
I also had 2 periods a month when I had the implant for 6 years. Some womens periods stop altogether but others become more frequent. I'm the later. Yay :help:lol

My first period came so quickly, I cant remember how soon after the PP bleeding stopped but I didnt bleed for that long after the baby, but in 8 weeks I've had 3 periods because of the pill :(

Mine was 7 1/2 weeks after birth and it was horrendous ! I did stop bleeding quite quickly after DS can’t remember off the top of my head now.

The first period I had awful craps and kept passing what looked like flesh / placenta . I did call the local hospital who advised it was normal.

I went back on microgynon 30 . Everything else does not agree with me! I just end up bleeding all the time . I started this at me post natal check up at 8 weeks . Thankfully had no issues , periods are back to normal .

Suggar - 2 periods a month I would go crazy !!

Oh gosh Hlx that’s a nightmare , what are you using ?!

Thank you everyone, wow that really puts me off the pill and to be honest I don’t think I’ll remember to take it anyway I’m such a nightmare lol. I was thinking of having coil fitted as I won’t need to remember every day and it lasts years but not sure how soon after having baby you can have one fitted?

Mine was 7 1/2 weeks after birth and it was horrendous ! I did stop bleeding quite quickly after DS can’t remember off the top of my head now.

The first period I had awful craps and kept passing what looked like flesh / placenta . I did call the local hospital who advised it was normal.

I went back on microgynon 30 . Everything else does not agree with me! I just end up bleeding all the time . I started this at me post natal check up at 8 weeks . Thankfully had no issues , periods are back to normal .

Suggar - 2 periods a month I would go crazy !!

Oh gosh Hlx that’s a nightmare , what are you using ?!
I’m the same I bleed on most contraception, I can’t take microgynon due to suffering migraines but I have had mini pill before but I don’t trust myself to remember it everyday I was also ok with coil but it moved so had to be taken out and I’m worried that will happen again but I think chances are pretty slim....I hope lol. My 6 week check isn’t until 16th and he’ll be nearly 10 weeks (he was 6 weeks over Christmas period so couldn’t get an appointment)

Yeah I don’t remember to take it as well as I used to given my busy life now so I just take it first thing in the morning when getting breakfast sorted that way if I do forget I still have within 13 hours to take it and still be protected ! I have headaches too but my GP allowed me to re start this under stricter follow up appointments .

I think you can have the coil fitted now but double check might be different in your area. It moving again would be a worry but maybe you could have regularly check ups .

Yeah I don’t remember to take it as well as I used to given my busy life now so I just take it first thing in the morning when getting breakfast sorted that way if I do forget I still have within 13 hours to take it and still be protected ! I have headaches too but my GP allowed me to re start this under stricter follow up appointments .

I think you can have the coil fitted now but double check might be different in your area. It moving again would be a worry but maybe you could have regularly check ups .
I’ll speak to the dr when I have our appointment and see what they say, thank you x

My first period came so quickly, I cant remember how soon after the PP bleeding stopped but I didnt bleed for that long after the baby, but in 8 weeks I've had 3 periods because of the pill :(

I feel your pain hon. I've been having 2 periods a month since I started It.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->