Persistent UTI/BI, no solution or good options.

Anjali

Reaction score
Hey there!

I get UTI's 2-3 times a year but this one is a motherload. I've had this UTI for over 2 months now (don't worry, it's not traveled, strangely enough). I went to a doctor of integrative medicine after trying every natural remedy I could think of. After trying strong probiotics per her recommendation, I decided to get on antibiotics as my last resort. I wasn't happy about it because I do not take medication, especially antibiotics. I'm confused because the antibiotics didn't work and I know that for a lot of women they don't help long term for recurring UTI's even if they help in the moment. Currently my doctor wants to put me on a stronger antibiotic (a double antibiotic) and I'm not comfortable with this. My poor body has been through enough and I'm looking for not just a solution but a long term one. I'm not sure what to do anymore or what to try, but the things I have tried are: d-mannose, raw cranberries, raw cranberry juice, uva ursi tea and leaf extract drops, probiotics, etc.

I am ttc so I want to get rid of this as soon as possible, of course. However I'm not happy with having to resort to this amount of medication considering I put nothing of the sort in my body. I really can't figure out what to do. Has anyone had a similar issue and found a resolution?

(P.S. Please respect my choice to live a lifestyle free of medications.)

Would love to hear your input!
:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"