Personal question(s) for plus-size "mommy-to-be"s!

KahluaCupcake

Achievement Unlocked: PG
Reaction score
So, I'm a bigger girl...size 18, pushing 20, pre-pregnancy. While I understand the excess weight and the huge belly is all for the baby, and to stay healthy, etc, etc, etc......I'm a little afraid of what life will be like with this fat belly PLUS a baby belly along with it.
Do you have any problems with day to day activities? I had a random thought of, oh my goodness, what about reaching to, er, wipe after using the toilet? Do you just get accustomed to doing everything AROUND the belly?
Is there anything I should be prepared for? Anything I can do now to help myself for later? What should I be warned about?

Any advice, hints, tips, etc. would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

hi hun. Im a bit bigger than you but found with my previous pregnancies that i just kind of adapted to life with a bump. i don't really think its much different for bigger girls than it is for smaller girls x

huge congratulations on your bfp by they way!x

Thank you! I think we were in first tri together with my last pregnancy...my due date was 2/4/12. I'm so glad to see you happily over here. <3

Thank you! I think we were in first tri together with my last pregnancy...my due date was 2/4/12. I'm so glad to see you happily over here. <3

we were hun.im due on 4.4.12. its so nice to see you back again x x

Im around a size 18-20, I havent gained any weight at all yet, although my bumpy has grown alot, I feel fitter than ever. Don't worry about it :D

I am about the same a bit bigger I think, things like that haven't change but my fitness has gone and it's sloop hot here pushing 40 degrees in australia so I'm worried what affect that will have I'm due end of march and I don't even look like I'm getting a bump just looking rounder :( I'm determined to get fit though after this baby

i haven't really gained any weight, i know my belly is a lot bigger. i still don't look preggers- i have that dreaded B bump and the top part of the B has become a lot bigger than the bottom part. i haven't noticed any difference really except it's harder to shave my legs.

I am a uk size 24/26 pre preg. Not gained any weight throughout my pregnancy (this is 4th child) I've always been plus sized with each of my pregnancies, I haven't found there to be any issues doing everyday things that a skinny minnie wouldn't have lol

The usual feeling of heavyness late pregnancy. struggling to put socks or shoes on, shave legs etc but every pregnant woman finds these things difficult as their bump grows. I haven't had any major issues because of my weight, no GD no high blood pressure no SPD etc. I would suggest you just watch what you eat during your pregnancy, don't over indulge, there is no need to eat for 2!!

Congrates and H&H 9 month

I'm an 18 pre pregnancy, not gained anything at all this pregnancy (have lost weight) But bump is rather big :) You just adapt hun, try not to let it put a dampner on your bfp!! x

Huge congrats on your BFP!!x

I think it all happens so gradually that you barely notice most of the time. I can't touch my toes anymore but apart from that and turning over in the night, I'm still pretty able! I'm a UK 22.x

Hi, also a size 18, and I carry my weight on my belly, I too haven't put any weight on yet this pregnancy but my bump is getting quite big now, struggle to shave my lady parts from vision rather than distance but from what others who aren't plus sized have said - this is pretty normal!

Don't dwell on it, you may have to wait a bit longer to get that perfect shaped bump but overall I wouldn't say being chubby has made it any more difficult as the pregnancy has progressed.

Congrats on your BFP.
XX

I am about your size. I put on a lot of weight with my first daughter, but now very little. I am very active, walking lots every day, running after daugther and eating mostly healthy with occasional treat. I haven't had any problems so far in my pregnancy, bump measuring spot on, sugar fine, BP perfect, no UTIs (had a couple in the first pregnancy)... etc. I am sometimes thinking whether I would feel ligther on my feet had I less weight to carry around, but totally I feel fit! The rest is probably same as for skinnier ladies :)

I was size 14 prepregnancy weight 206 lbs. In my late teens early twenties I was almost double that...360 lb size 30. I lost the majority of the weight 7 years ago, i'm now 28 y/o and have kept it off, granted I still have another 50 lbs i'd like to lose after I get the baby weight off.

I've gained 25 lbs the trick is, don't "eat for the baby", I had some friends whom were pregnant along with me and they gained 35+ lbs because they 'ate for the baby' the baby is small. Even now he's maybe 7 lbs... he doesn't need his own meal or second serving rofl. I've had no problem getting around what so ever.

You're be fine. :)

I'm a similar size to you and haven't actually gained any weight from pre-pregnancy. Not intentional at all: I had morning sickness/nausea til 14 weeks and lost about 14lbs and i've only gained the same amount back. My appetite has never really gone back to what it was before I was pregnant so I guess that's affected my weight too. I have SPD but that isn't weight-related and I feel i'm still pretty able/active for being 3 weeks from my due date :) I worked full-time til 35 weeks in a fairly active job (nursery nurse) which I think has helped.

hi firstly is size 16/ 18 considered big! i think its pretty normal! also everybody shape is different and bump to, i was 16 before pregnant and havent a clue what i am now but bet itsnt a size 16! you adapt i have seen some really small people who are "VERY" pregnant and waddle round and although its not comfy they manage.:thumbup:

i was a 14 pre-pregnancy and have actually lost weight (more than 20lbs) but gained a huge bump.

it happens gradually but so fast all at the same time.... you jsut find that by teh time you realize something is differnt you are already acustomed to doing it. (ex: the ummm uhh wiping issue) ya just figure it out with out really thinking about it...

i still have a tendency when hugging my hubby to not remember where my bump starts LOL

You pretty much just adapt. Some things get harder then get easier while some just get harder lol. The biggest things that changed with me are bending over (that started a few weeks ago), standing for more than 10-20 minutes b/c of how low he sits (that started at about 30 wks), and sleeping. I'm a stomach sleeper and it's SOOOOO hard to try to sleep on my sides and I wake up with hip pain and leg pain. You pretty much adjust though.

I was 18/20 pre-pregnancy. Gained only about 6 pounds up till the last 1.5 months and was looking like I'd lost weight in my arms, boobs, and face...then suddenly was starving and couldn't stop eating everything in sight plus put on a lot of water weight all at once. So, my total weight gain for the whole pregnancy is 23 pounds - of which, 17 was just in the last 1.5 months. There was a 2 week stretch where I gained a pound a day. Then last week, I lost 5 pounds. It's crazy.

So, for the last 1.5 months it's been uncomfortable, but not totally unbearable. Not like what I thought it would be. But unlike the other ladies here, I've had SPD since month 5 (has nothing to do with your weight though) and I have trouble wiping after going to the bathroom. Hard to reach! LOL But, you just stretch a little further...hahahaha!

I was an 18/20 pre-pregnancy and I feel pretty good still. I've put on about 15 pounds but it is ALL bump. I constantly get told how huge I am... I try not to be offended b/c I do realize I appear about 12 months pregnant, but being a bigger girl before it kind of still hurts my feelings to hear it:( I do suffer from some SPD, but I think it's because even though I'm bigger I have smaller hips, so they hurt from expanding. Day to day I don't think I seem to be any worse than any other pregnant woman.

I was a US size 18 pre pregnancy and Ive gained around 28 pounds ....my belly is definitely bigger, but i dont think i have problems that a skinny preggo would experience too...Ive had a lot of hip pain and spd pain, but I also suffer from Bursitis in my hip anyway, so that was to be expected...

I do feel pretty fat and unhealthy, but i think a lot of women do at this stage, lol....

the only thing i have to watch is, if Im eating out, I sometimes struggle to fit the bump behind tables, if the table is in a fixed booth! lol...the baby is in the way!

so I ask for a table with chairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->