Pet baby hates?

love the names for body parts kids come away with lol

QUOTE:I think it's awful when women decide not to breastfeed SOLELY based on vain decisions like worrying that their breasts will sag (not true), it's 'sexual/gross' (it's not), or they don't want to be 'tied down'. There are plenty of good reasons to choose formula, but I think those decisions are selfish and misinformed. :QUOTE

I found this very hurtful as I only breastfeed my son a handful of times and then formula fed, for my own personal reasons, doesn't make me selfish or misinformed. In fact, I love my son dearly, just because I didn't breastfeed doesn't mean I didn't love him and do my best to make him happy and feel loved. One of my pet peeves are people who are judgmental, especially if first time mothers, because until you live it, you may just eat your words...just sayin.

1) babies in jeans. That rough material cannot be good for their little bellies!
2) newborns without hats. I dont care if theyre indoors or not the hats are needed for a reason.
3) ppl that ignore their babies cries in public, especially the little ones that are under a year old.
4) ppl that have issues with breastfeeding in public. No one complains if an adult is eating a hamburger in the middle of the shopping mall what makes them think that an adult's hunger deserves more attention than a baby.

i agree with a lot of the ladies above especially those with the chocolate milk and pepsi. kids will drink or eat the healthy food if its all they know. they have no junk to compare it to so how can they know what theyre missing out on.

1) babies in jeans. That rough material cannot be good for their little bellies!
2) newborns without hats. I dont care if theyre indoors or not the hats are needed for a reason.
3) ppl that ignore their babies cries in public, especially the little ones that are under a year old.
4) ppl that have issues with breastfeeding in public. No one complains if an adult is eating a hamburger in the middle of the shopping mall what makes them think that an adult's hunger deserves more attention than a baby.

i agree with a lot of the ladies above especially those with the chocolate milk and pepsi. kids will drink or eat the healthy food if its all they know. they have no junk to compare it to so how can they know what theyre missing out on.

Why do babies need hats indoors?

I just googled the hat thing and it said that if babies are born at term and of normal weight wearing a hat indoors can increase the rate of SIDS because they can't get rid of the excess body heat through their head.

Over dressing a newborn is just as bad if not worse than undressing them. They can overheat very easy. We always went with light sleepers and no hats in cribs or carseats.

Nothing worse than a baby wrapped up like its winter in the summer

This thread is EXTREMELY useful for 1st time mummies like myself :) There are some very helpful hints in here I haven't thought about until now :)

QUOTE:I think it's awful when women decide not to breastfeed SOLELY based on vain decisions like worrying that their breasts will sag (not true), it's 'sexual/gross' (it's not), or they don't want to be 'tied down'. There are plenty of good reasons to choose formula, but I think those decisions are selfish and misinformed. :QUOTE

I found this very hurtful as I only breastfeed my son a handful of times and then formula fed, for my own personal reasons, doesn't make me selfish or misinformed. In fact, I love my son dearly, just because I didn't breastfeed doesn't mean I didn't love him and do my best to make him happy and feel loved. One of my pet peeves are people who are judgmental, especially if first time mothers, because until you live it, you may just eat your words...just sayin.

It's a pet peeve thread. A lot of people have said things I don't agree with, but I don't let it get to me on a personal level. I don't know any of you ladies and we don't always have to agree with one another. I also apologized a page later saying that it was just my opinion. I am not anti-formula in the least. My opinion was based on my tactless friends who are giving me grief and telling me I'm a pervert for wanting to breastfeed or telling me it will ruin my breasts. It's just not true and I find them incredibly rude. I've never said a SINGLE word about their choices, but somehow my choice is fair game.

I would never assume someone didn't love their child based on their feeding decision either. That's crazy talk. We all clearly care VERY much, otherwise we wouldn't feel so passionate about our opinions! First time moms can be just as grounded in their decisions as someone who has six children. A first time voter's opinion is just as important as someone who has been voting for 40 years as well. We're not competing with one another.

I am 22 weeks almost 23...My only sign of pregnancy is small basketball bump and some "chunkier" legs and toosh:) I dont wear alot of form fitting shirts that show off my bump and I work in a clinic so I wear scrubs everday. I CONSTANTLY hear, "you dont even look pregnant". I know its not meant to be mean but at one point I snapped back, "well I sure do feel pregnant". LOL

I am 22 weeks almost 23...My only sign of pregnancy is small basketball bump and some "chunkier" legs and toosh:) I dont wear alot of form fitting shirts that show off my bump and I work in a clinic so I wear scrubs everday. I CONSTANTLY hear, "you dont even look pregnant". I know its not meant to be mean but at one point I snapped back, "well I sure do feel pregnant". LOL

I know it's meant as a compliment too, but all I hear in my head is "You just look like you've had too much cake". Tell me I look pregnant...it's a compliment!

Why do babies need hats indoors?
The MWs at the hospital said categorically that hats must never be worn indoors.

I think because I'm small and look young people think they can say what they friggen like to me.
Excuse me I'm 30 and don't appreciate yr rude obnoxious comments.
Well if I was tougher that's what is say.

I may not agree with many things on here, but THIS is my pet peeve. I have had women come up, shaking their head and say "aren't you a little young to be pregnant?" Um, I am 30, and married 5 years! I look young, so what??

Take the hats off indoors!!!!! They lose their heat through their heads, so need to have them off indoors. Unless of course yr somewhere freezing like a sports hall.

Yes I was 25when Finn was born and is get gutted at by old ladies because I looked young, yet I was one of the oldest mums on the ward.
I don't agree that u should be hushed by yr age, I've known some fantastic 17ys mums, just as,much as I've seen fab 30yr old ones. And well done to us for looking young!!!!

I wish I was mistaken for a teen mom :cry: Not been ID'd in years... :rofl:

Motherhood has obviously aged me. I was ID'd all the time before (including in an offlicense when Joe was about four months old - I asked the guy, are you just ID'ing me because I look under 25 or something, or do I actually look THAT young that you think I'm not old enough to buy alcohol?? He replied, miserable faced so wasn't even joking 'You look that young' - ie under 18 - I was nearly 27!)

Haven't been asked in months now though :(

I have had grey hair since I was about 23. Just my genes I guess :(
But I dye it all the time.
I have slipped on the hair lately so I have a big grey streak in the front, Went in to buy my hubby a 6 pack and got carded. uh I look at least 25 come on. LOL
I will be 35 in June. I know I am starting to look it :( damnit!!

my DS had to have a hat on inside because he was soo premmie his body temp was always low otherwise don't really do hats lol unless heats on the put

I get asked all the time who I Nanny for while I am out and about with my two little boys. It's even greater when the boys say "Hey, Mom", and then I get the look of sadness....Like "that poor young girl". First of all, I am 26.....and Second of all, why do people care?:haha:

I hate that! Haha I thankfully look much older in person then I actually am, and proud of my baby! So I usually get mistaken for 24-25, I don't get it haha. Oh well, if it takes some glares away from me, so be it. I don't see why people hate on teen moms so much anyways, how does it affect you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->