Pet Insurance

J

Jade--x

I'm trying to sort out some pet insurance for our puppy, but I'm totally lost already :coffee: There's so many!

Does anyone have one they would recommend? :flower:

Well i dont have a dog, we have cats but Argos was the best we found for 2 cats :flower:

Although Im not impressed the insurance doesnt cover routine dental work, but looking round, neither do many, unless im not looking in the right places

Well i dont have a dog, we have cats but Argos was the best we found for 2 cats :flower:

Although Im not impressed the insurance doesnt cover routine dental work, but looking round, neither do many, unless im not looking in the right places

Thanks hon I didn't even realise Argos did pet insurance! :dohh: x

A policy that offers lifetime cover is usually best but they will generally have higher premiums. Other policies are either limited by money, like £4000 per condition which might be fine for something acute like a fracture repair but might not be enough if your dog develops a chronic skin or ear problem, or they are limited by time (usually 12-24 months)-again not great for a chronic condition.
It's worth looking at your lifestyle and what you plan on doing with your dog and any risks of injury,as well as the breed-prone to hip dysplasia/arthritis, ear diseases?
The majority of insurers won't cover dental treatment unless it occurred as a result of trauma (i.e road traffic accident) I *think* Petplan might if it was something that was recommended by the vet and is written as such in the clinical notes and you have had regular dental health check ups etc.
I would also be careful to check what your excess is on the policy as some are as high as £100 which means you will have to rack up big bills before it's worth claiming, and you will have to pay that for every new condition and again every policy year if it's an on-going condition.

My main advice would be to read the small print as lots of things u assume would be covered are not covered by some places policies. Asda, tescos, Argos , pets at home all do PI and u can use confused . Com etc. it is all confusing tho! I pay 40£ for our 2 per month

I have insurance through my vets - Vets4Pets. They also have a care plan for £10 which means my dog gets free consultations (as many as she needs), she get two health MOT's a year to check her weight, teeth, fur. She gets blood and urine tests at these checks. She also gets her injections included in this, and a discount on insurance. x

Think we are with argos for daisy... Had cats with direct line and when my little cat got very ill and was eventually put down they s
were wonderful. The payout was prompt and each time i called they were lovely...

I use tesco pet insurance for my pup. Its 12.50 a month and covers up to 7500 per illness or something like that. It was the best one i found x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->