Pets that know your pregnant

kittylady

Mother of 3, due #4
Reaction score
My cat is being overly nice to me at the moment, he is normally grumpy and only likes contact on his terms however the last few days he's had to be by my side most of the time as if he knows :cloud9:

Not the one in the pic btw, its my ginger one :flower:

awww :) my OHs dog has been like this, its so weird normally he doesnt bat an eyelid when im around and the last few weeks hes just been laying his head or paws on my belly all the time.. as if he can sense it...

I was just talking to my mom about this, my dog does not leave my side! She just lays beside me wherever I am in the house.

My cat has been the same she is all over me and has been before i even found out its very stranged isnt it x

I love affectionate pets. I miss having my doggy and cats around. I currently only have a canary but im sure if he could cuddle up to me he would hehehe.

I'm sure our cat knew when i was pregnant with Amy. She would snuggle up to my bump at night and the "gifts" started. We'd had her for 8 years then and nothing brought into the house, then suddenly she started bringing live mice in. Not forgetting the live robin she brought into our bedroom when Amy was about a month old that i had to try and trap and release. Could have lived happily without that lol.

Sadly she died a couple of months ago though.

My cat is a female and she is such a calm sweet cat to begin with. She has not left my side! For the last week she's been following me, meowing, and she finds every way possible to lay next to me even when she's half off the couch! Lastnight she was laying on my belly n looked right into my eyes and reached her right paw to my face and just kind of rubbed it. Lol it's so cute and I know for sure she knows!

OH's female cat HATES me right now. She just wants nothing to do with me at all anymore, kind of sad. OH's male cat is pretty much the same with me as he was before. He'll snuggle up to me occasionally.

I have horses, dogs, and a cat. The only one who seems to have noticed so far was my male horse (and he knew before the tests told me!)

Male horses are able to sense when a woman is on her period, or close to it. And he will often act a little more needy for attention when my AF is due. However, this month, a week before I got my BFP he started being EXTREMELY needy. As in LICKING my jeans, my arms, any part of my clothing that he could get to. And nudging my legs and hips with his nose. He DEFINITELY knew!

DH's cat has been like that for the past 3 weeks, and I just found out this week that I was expecting. I would sit at the computer on the bed and he'd curl up next to me or cuddle next to me when I'm sleeping. His cat wasn't like that to me before until now. ;) i'm convinced he knew

My chihuahua is as dense as ever, she probably wouldn't know it, if the baby came out and fed her a biscuit!

My dog has been doing this as well. He's a Lab/Golden mix and he is ALWAYS around now. I go to the bathroom, he's whining outside the door. Right now he is laying under my feet. He has become SUPER clingy.

Before i found out, my adopted cat lol, would rub up against my tummy and just purr, and follow me everywhere. He's normally friendly, but he was like my side kick every where i went.. Than about a month in half after the postive test, he decied he had enough and didnt like the though of losing the attention lol so he started to make a run for the door every time its open... LOL! Now hes good now, just he needs more attention or hes crabby.

I'm convinced pets are extremely intuitive. My cat has always been able to tell when I was sick etc. I'm not around him at the moment but I'm convinced he'll know when I see him again one month from now!

My cat knows. I think hes a bit jealous. He wont come near me as much and can sometimes be a bit spiteful. Hopefully he will be back to normal soon lol x

wow. i was just telling my mom and DH how our pug, porkchop, who usually doesn't give me the time of day, has been so loving and attentive and wants to be around me all the time. i'm like, could that be as i'm so very early. just closing in on 6 weeks!

i read somewhere that it makes you smell different to animals in a good way x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->