PG loss and m/c Question

nitu

Reaction score
Hi There

I am new to this forum. I found out that i was pg last month, but the embryo did not grow past 6 week 2 day mark, i am right now at 9 weeks, can anyone tell me when i can expect to get my period, and how long it might last?

I had a previous m/c in 2008 at 12 week, the embroy did not grow past the 8 week mark, at 12 weeks i was bleeding, but ended up with a D&C. This time since its earlier, i am thinking i wont have D&C so wondering what i could expect in terms of when the period would start and how long it might last.

As a back ground i have an almost 4year old DD, have unexplained fertility issues so getting pg itself was always difficult. It took almost 20mth to conceive DD. I am also 35 and feel like my time is running out:cry:

Thanks

im very sorry for your 2 losses

If im understanding your situation properly, you are waiting for a miscarriage to happen naturally.

Everyone is different, and every loss is different. I was in your situation too, and was told i could wait up to 2 weeks, however, i have read that it can take much longer if you wait, but i think thats quite unusual.

Would you consider medical management? Its not great to leave a missed miscarriage for too long and could cause infection - have you discussed your options with your dr?

I understand your issue with your age, im 39 and feel like im running out of time, so to me, 35 is a whippersnapper. Its all relative and the issues they talk about with age are just percentages. As this is your second mc and you are over 35, if you arent aware of this, you can request some tests to establish if theres anything causing your losses. At 2 losses, it could just be coincidence so im not suggesting anything is wrong, but at 35 you are able to push for tests just in case.

Hi hun. I'm so sorry your having to go through another loss. When i had a miscarriage it came on 'naturally' before i knew anything was wrong so i can't help you with when you can expect to get your period, but can give you some idea of how long it might last? I think in total it lasted 2 weeks and then some spotting.
Have you discussed letting things happen naturally at home with your doctor hun? After After things had started and progressed i had to go up to the EPAU at the hospital to be checked out and to make sure all the bigger clotts had passed so my cervix could close again. Otherwise you risk getting an infection.

I don't know if that's any help to you hun, but if you need to ask anything else go ahead. If i can't answer, some of the other lovely ladies wil help you out.
Thinking of you xx

I had a D&C and AF arrived 40days AFTER i stopped bleeding which lasted about 8 days...
I also just turned 35 in April so know what you mean about feeling the added pressure of age.... I try to think positive, i mean i got pregnant twice in 1 year so im hoping the third wont take too long.
Sending you lots of positive energy luv and fx the next one wont take as long!

i was about 8 weeks when i had a misscarriage and the bleeding went on for 5 days before i was told by my dr to go into hospital for D&C. A few hours before i was due to go in i got bad cramps and started bleeding,which didn't stop..At the hospital they took me straight in,put me under,and did what had to be done.my understanding is that you have to go to hospital to make sure everything came out,otherwise there is such a risk of infection or blood poisoning.

I had a natural miscarriage at 5w and it took between 2-3 weeks to complete. Everyone varys. I hope you drs are keeping tabs on you to make sure everything is progressing naturally as they should so that you don't run the risk of infection. Sorry your having to go though this. **hugs** Lisa

I had a natural miscarriage at 12 weeks--found out I was miscarrying as it was happening though looking back I had warning signs all weekend (I lost my baby on a Monday morning) such as spotting and feeling very heavy "down there", like everything would fall out just by standing.

I had moderate bleeding with some clots for about 4 or 5 days and then I had a light flow and some spotting for another 6 days or so. All in all it was about 10 days of red blood. Had some brown stuff for a few days after that but I had already gotten a bfn on a hpt so I figure it was old junk. I got ovulation pains a few days after the red bleeding stopped and now exactly two weeks later after that my period has started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->