PGS Results

TTC First

Reaction score
This is my first (and hopefully my last) IVF procedure and I have a question for you ladies.

I am have yet to have my egg retrieval completed however I know that I have about 15 mature follicles. The nurse said that they assume that I will have 15 eggs. We are having PGS done but of course we don't know how many embryos we will be sending yet.

Is there anyone who has been in the position of starting with 15 eggs and ending up with nothing after PGS has been completed? I understand that it's not likely that we will be sending 15 embryo.

I am really hoping that we get a couple healthy embryos after PGS, I just fear the worst.

I think you have a good chance of having some PGS normal embryos with 15 follicles. Just don’t forget that the number will likely go down with each step in the process, so you may not end up with 15 embryos. It will depend how many eggs are mature, how many fertilize normally, how many embryos make it to day 3 and then day 5.

Good luck!!!

15 follicles is great! It's also possible they will find more eggs when they get in there!

Here were my stats:
Eggs retrieved: 23
Fertilization: 17 or 18, can't remember for sure
Blastocysts: 13
PGS Normals: 5

So from 23 eggs, I got 5 normal blasts. Attrition will happen, so don't be alarmed--it is this way for everyone.

Good luck!

Your number is great. A few friends of mine were in the same boat, they got healthy eggs and got pregnant. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->