Phantom pregnancy?

Baby Love

One of two mommies :-)
Reaction score
I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has ever had/is having what some people call a 'phantom pregnancy'. I think I am, and it's distressing me so much. Here are the symptoms that my body is showing right now:
-bloatedness
-light cramps
-tender breasts
-'twinges' in my lower abdomen (like flutters)
-no sign of period (10 days late)
-lots of CM
-raised temperature
-was feeling nauseous for a couple of months, now it's disappeared
-AWFUL moodswings
There is no way I can be pregnant; I am married to a woman! So why is my body pretending like it is? It makes me so sad. I just want AF to come because we'll be TTC in June and I need regular periods! But I'm scared she won't come because I'm getting myself so worked up about these symptoms :cry:

I would really appreciate any advice anyone has x x x

I had some studying colleagues,and one of them had this 3 month injection BC and at the end of the injection she would feel pregnant because thats what youhappen to feel like if this injection is coming to an end.

when u have a phantom pregnancy you are convinced that you are pregnant, regardless of bfns and ultrasounds. basically, if you have a phantom pregnancy you believe 100% you are pregnant even if you are told otherwise. since you know that its impossible then it isn't a phantom pregnancy, dont worry. xxxx

I don't know much about phantom pregnances either, but I used to be super worried about it after my MC. I thought every movement in my tummy was pregnancy, and that maybe SOMEHOW they'd got it wrong and I hadn't actually miscarried, and I was having a hidden pregnancy because I wasn't showing lol. It didn't help that just after my MC a friend of a friend had that exact same thing: regular periods all the way through, didn't show, no movements or kicks. I never missed a period or had a lot of CM or anything, but I understand how worried you are! *hugs*
I think you should go to the doctors just to see if there's anything he can do to get your cycles back on track. At least then it'll be easier for TTC purposes, and there could be a different reason why your body's doing this that can be easily sorted :) Good luck xx

when u have a phantom pregnancy you are convinced that you are pregnant, regardless of bfns and ultrasounds. basically, if you have a phantom pregnancy you believe 100% you are pregnant even if you are told otherwise. since you know that its impossible then it isn't a phantom pregnancy, dont worry. xxxx

As amy said a phantom pregnancy is a mental condition not a physical one, out belive you are pregnant even when all the evidance shows you are not.
You sound like you have a bad case of pms hun, hopefully AF is on her way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"