Phone call about computer

By the way, just a tip guys, if you get an anonymous call which you find suspicious but you're in doubt, you can easily look up the phone number at CALLERCENTER without having to pay for it. The website is filled with information on the latest phone schemes so you do not only get information about the owner. You would also know if the number has been used for fraud before.

most of these calls come from 'a network unable to transmit numbers'

I just say, "Oh, really? Hold on, the computer's in the other room and I don't have a cordless phone. I'll unplug the computer and bring it in here. It might take a couple of minutes."

Then I put the phone down under a pillow and leave them to it. :haha: Once I picked up the phone after 15 minutes and they were still there!!

I just say, "Oh, really? Hold on, the computer's in the other room and I don't have a cordless phone. I'll unplug the computer and bring it in here. It might take a couple of minutes."

Then I put the phone down under a pillow and leave them to it. :haha: Once I picked up the phone after 15 minutes and they were still there!!

I lol'd when I read that :haha:

Haha this happened to the IT guy he sorted the computers at my old work. They told him his computer was at risk and he said "which one, I've got seven" they spluttered and mumbled and hung up x

This scam is several years old and the scum of the earth running the many versions of it never seem to get tired of it. The year before last, we went through a period of daily calls from these pathetic a-holes. I also started off politely asking them to take my name off their calling list and hanging up; by the end of the week, I felt more than justified in pulling anything that appealed to me in the moment: everything from satanically hissing "you despicable crooks, how do you sleep at night?" to laughing loudly in their faces to asking how many senior citizens did they estimate they had ripped off that day to (my favourite) handing the phone to my husband who gleefully pretended to be very concerned about this serious computer problem they had detected and promised to log right on to their site, but kept them stringing along for 45 minutes as he described in excruciating detail just where in the logging on process our fictitious ancient dial-up modem was. Eventually they stopped calling. It took several weeks.
Feel free to freak out on these shits. They are crooks and have scammed many many vulnerable people. They deserve nothing but your worst. Maybe enough nasty responses will finally turn them off?
And I went to report my phone calls when they started, because I am always concerned that some poor old lady/man will be handing over their bank account info to these disgusting parasites, but it is so common and widespread that our government agency actually had a message up saying the most they can do about it (it all comes from overseas and out of their jurisdiction) is try to warn people.

I had a new version of the scam call me last week, actually. They told me they were from my "Government Cyber Center" :rofl: I could barely stop laughing long enough to say f* off.

This scam is several years old and the scum of the earth running the many versions of it never seem to get tired of it. The year before last, we went through a period of daily calls from these pathetic a-holes. I also started off politely asking them to take my name off their calling list and hanging up; by the end of the week, I felt more than justified in pulling anything that appealed to me in the moment: everything from satanically hissing "you despicable crooks, how do you sleep at night?" to laughing loudly in their faces to asking how many senior citizens did they estimate they had ripped off that day to (my favourite) handing the phone to my husband who gleefully pretended to be very concerned about this serious computer problem they had detected and promised to log right on to their site, but kept them stringing along for 45 minutes as he described in excruciating detail just where in the logging on process our fictitious ancient dial-up modem was. Eventually they stopped calling. It took several weeks.
Feel free to freak out on these shits. They are crooks and have scammed many many vulnerable people. They deserve nothing but your worst. Maybe enough nasty responses will finally turn them off?
And I went to report my phone calls when they started, because I am always concerned that some poor old lady/man will be handing over their bank account info to these disgusting parasites, but it is so common and widespread that our government agency actually had a message up saying the most they can do about it (it all comes from overseas and out of their jurisdiction) is try to warn people.

I had a new version of the scam call me last week, actually. They told me they were from my "Government Cyber Center" :rofl: I could barely stop laughing long enough to say f* off.

:rofl: !

I am a :angelnot: to be honest lol. I have a blacklist in my phone. When it rings I stop, and do mindful breathing. I use it as a "gong" to remind me to breathe (and I don't pick up the phone). I really hope someone can do something about it because as you said, I hate to think of people they con, how can they sleep! They must be made of different stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->