Photography Club

Grrrr was very disappointed yesterday as when we got up it was very overcast and so we decided not to go to Stowe Gardens as we really wanted a gloriously sunny day. Instead we met up with some friends and had a BBQ in the woods – got a few shots not had a chance to get them off my camera yet though.

Have had confirmation of my Canon 40d course which is on Sunday. Turns out that there is only me and 1 other person on it so we are going to get the tutor all to ourselves which is great :D They’ve also decided to hold it in Milton Keynes rather than Hemel Hempstead so I only have to drive about 5 minutes to get there :D :D
I am really looking forward to it!

Lovely pictures of Courtney there Kerry :)

Gorgeous pics of Courtney Kerry x she is adorable x

Just uploading sundays pics to redbubble x
Hope you've all had a nice day x

Ooooh am very excited as my package came from the US yesterday with my tripod and everything in it

Got it out last night and for the price it is fantastic! The legs extend out up to three times so you can have it at three different heights, it’s very lightweight (but still sturdy) and folds down into a small carry bag. The lens cleaning kit, screen protectors and mini tripod are all great too :D

Shame I won’t be able to get out and try it today because it’s chucking it down with rain! As soon as we get a nice day though I’m going to try and get some nice landscape shots using it.

Morning Girls! :hi:

It's not a very nice day at all here :nope: hope it's better with some of you girlies?

Any ideas on which is a better make, Sigma or Tamron, for lenses? I'm looking at getting the 70mm-300mm Macro lens but can't decide on make (can't afford a Nikkor one! :dohh:).

I want to post my pics but don't think they're very good :blush: maybe I should just do it and see what you think? I don't have photoshop so I can't cheat either!!

xxx

Some of my little man...

(I've only had my DSLR a few days so I'm not great with it yet - don't be too harsh :blush:)

Deri 14 weeks 4 days old (3).JPG

Deri 14 weeks 4 days old (5).JPG

Deri 14 weeks 4 days old (9).JPG

xxx

Laurie, those are FAB! Deri is utterly gorgeous - and looks like he loves the camera.

If you're lookoing for a 3rd party zoom lens, I'll pass on the advice I was given when I bought mine. If you want a 70-300mm, the Sigma is better. If you want a 28-300mm, the Tamron is better. Also want to point out that they aren't true macro lenses, as you cannot get true 1:1 lifesize magnification; the best you'll get is about 1/3 lifesize with those.

x

Laurie, those are FAB! Deri is utterly gorgeous - and looks like he loves the camera.

If you're lookoing for a 3rd party zoom lens, I'll pass on the advice I was given when I bought mine. If you want a 70-300mm, the Sigma is better. If you want a 28-300mm, the Tamron is better. Also want to point out that they aren't true macro lenses, as you cannot get true 1:1 lifesize magnification; the best you'll get is about 1/3 lifesize with those.

x

Thanks Anna! :happydance:

Apparently they are both 1:2 but that doesn't mean a lot to me! I was going for a 70mm-300mm lens (haven't looked at the 28mm-300mm lens). I'll have another look at the lenses!

xxx

1:2 means you'll get approx 1/2 lifesize magnification then :) You could then always but some inexpensive (but VERY handy!) close-up filters to get you even closer to your subjects without having to fork out about £300 + on a dedicated macro lens :)

I've used both Sigma and Tamron lenses on my Nikons, and both companies make some beauties!

1:2 means you'll get approx 1/2 lifesize magnification then :) You could then always but some inexpensive (but VERY handy!) close-up filters to get you even closer to your subjects without having to fork out about £300 + on a dedicated macro lens :)

I've used both Sigma and Tamron lenses on my Nikons, and both companies make some beauties!

Thanks Anna!

You're ALWAYS so helpful!

xxx

I was shooting with film today in black and white. Haven't developed them yet though (doing that next Wednesday in the dark room :happydance: ) and I've ordered some prints from snapfish to go into my portfilio and scrapbook, which is my coursework for photography. Start my essay next week, it's an open brief and only has 2000 words, so pretty much a walk in the park.

You know, it'd be way cool if we had our redbubble/flickr urls in our sigs....gonna ask admin if we can...

laurie - fab pics! beautiful poser too! :D

anna - I find your "ramblings" useful too.... keep it up! :winkwink:

mynxie - good luck with the developing :)

hey girls sorry i've not been around much over the last week i need to go back and catch up on the pages i've missed. Hope you're all doing ok.
I missed out on submission for our first challenge need to catch up and find out what's next so i can get going!

Hey girls! I went to the ExCeL Exhibition centre in Docklands today and managed to take a few snaps. I've put them on my Redbubble: https://www.redbubble.com/people/neecee/art

Well ladies, today I had an idea...and a realisation.

The realisation was that the camera that I have, although wonderful, is somewhat limited as it isn't a DSLR...my idea, was to correct that issue.

So..afetr a trip to town and then to the metro centre (and a couple of arguments with Jessops - one in each branch) I bought this...

https://www.letsgodigital.org/images/artikelen/55/sony-a350.jpg

:happydance:

I am soooo excited to use it, battery currently on charge so I'll be able to use it tomorrow :happydance:

It's the Sony Alpha 350. I was going to get the 300 but could only get it at Jessops, but since we didn't get on well - for a want of nicer term, I didn't get that but got the next model up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->