Photography Club

nice one mynx! :dance:
what happened in jessops? (sorry - i'm a nosey old cow! :blush:)

Hi Ladies. Can I join your redbubble group? I havent been posting on this thread, but I have been reading along and hope to post some pics soon, once I get some more memory cards. :D and get my scanner sorted.

Hi Ladies. Can I join your redbubble group? I havent been posting on this thread, but I have been reading along and hope to post some pics soon, once I get some more memory cards. :D and get my scanner sorted.

:hi: Hi Wendino! The more the merrier!

The more the merrier Wendino! :hi:
Let me know the link to yout profile on there, and I'll send you an invite to the group :happydance:

nice one mynx! :dance:
what happened in jessops? (sorry - i'm a nosey old cow! :blush:)

The Newcastle one couldn't be bothered to answer the telephone when I rang (I let it ring continiously for 5 minutes before I hung up) then when we went, no one could be bothered to serve us...so I couldn't be bothered to give them my custome ;)

Then the Metro Centre Store, the answered the phone straight away, said that the camera that I wanted was in stock and they would reserve one for me. So, we go over to the Metro Centre and the sales man was really snotty "no, we only have the display model" he tells me, so obviously I ask for a discount, he refuses, - it's an ex display so therefore it's secondhand - it's not like it's just been sat there looking pretty, they get fiddled about with etc etc by potentiol purchasers, you know? He got really high and mighty about it all, so I couldn't be bothered to give them my custom either ;) lol

Hey Girls! :wave:

How are you all today? Lovely day for picture taking!! :happydance:

I wanted to enter this weeks competition on Redbubble but the idea I had for it just isn't working - trying to run before I can walk I think!!!! :dohh:

xxx

would have been better if I hadn't just ran over the cats tail - that's 2 of the cats' tails that I have ran over this week, poor little thoings, evil Mynxie, she's ok though but I feel awful.

Keep getting my new toy out to play with, but so far I've only taken a couple of pics of the cats. Desperately want to go out on a shoot but TBH I pushed myself a little too far yesterday and I need to be okish for Sunday morning, so...we'll see.

How are you hun?

2nd pic with my DSLR (1st pic the composition was even worse!)

https://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd316/foxxymynx/cats/DSC00003.jpg

just right mynx - i'd have given em a right earful too tho!

:D

I've had a hectic couple of days and haven't had the chance to do my RB challenge entry :blush: aw well.... "Movement" may come up again in the future I guess!

i brought a mag today and theres a camera in I was like wow....

then there was a tv advert for it...

its fate :rofl:

its a pansonic...

lumixG... its on an advert...

"like an SLR only smaller" ring a bell? lol!! Its just under £500 though..!

Hi everyone!
Sorry ive not been on here much lately Ive been quite busy with one thing or another. Im still loving my new camera. I cant stop taking pictures lol. Im off out for the day tomorrow. I cant wait to see what photos i get :)

Can someone please help me out with some shutter speed problems? I've been experimenting with it and I can manage to get some good light streams at night, or when we're driving through tunnels, but whenever I try to take motion pictures in the day time, they don't come out. I know it's something to do with the exposure, but even when I reduce the exposure, it still comes out over exposed and I can't see and image. Anyone got any ideas please?

Chances are the ambient daylight wont allow for a properly exposed combination of shutter speed and aperture.. You could try using a polariser, which will cut down some of the light entering the lens, or even better a neutral density filter which will do the same.

Silly question, but you have set the aperture right haven't you?

Kerry I saw the advert on TV for that Sony camera and I thought it looked quite good. Have you tried googling it to see if you can find any product reviews as I find they can be quite helpful.

Yesterday I went on my camera course – it was great :D There were only 3 of us in the end so it meant we got really good individual attention. The trainer explained about aperature and shutter speeds and also stuff like white balance and metering. He explained what each button was used for on our cameras which was very helpful and then we did some flower shots in his garden which he then assessed and gave us tips on where we could have made them better – he said both of mine were perfect which I was really pleased about, though admittedly one of them was a fluke as my camera just happened to be set on partial metering at the time which he said was the best setting to use.

The course wasn’t very structured it was all done at our own pace, the trainer was really nice and friendly and he set us little questions to answer at different points of the course so he could check we understood what he was telling us. They provided drinks and a lovely lunch too. It was worth the £99 I paid for it :D

Now I just need a bit of spare time to be able to get out and practice what I’ve learnt. I’m getting a bit fed up with always going out in Milton Keynes to take pictures so I really want to have a weekend of exploring new places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->