Photography Club

i like the results emz.... glad you got whatever the problem was sorted :D

hey girls... been abit lame with the photo taking, im wondering whether to get a slr on a payment scheme?!

if you're sure of what you want and that you can make the monthly payments for the forseeable future i don't see why not :) (sorry if that sounded patronising!) only thing i would say though is 1. handle everything to be sure you're getting the "right" camera and 2. be sure it's one you'll want to be working with for *at least* the duration of the payment plan :D

didnt sound patronising at all hunni :)

I just feel that I probably wont get any further unless I have the tools... I dunno :shurg: what do u think?!

portraits and landscapes is what Im mainly interested in!

i think if it's something you def want to get into - go for it! :D

do lots of research before deciding what you want to buy though :dance:

Thanks Pricey and Debbie! I didnt get it sorted it didnt let me take every shot i wanted i think i need a new lens or maybe learn how to do it manually. I feel like im being held back. I really want to go to college and learn more about it. Im trying to learn off the internet but ill learn better from someone telling me in person.

Oh and Kerry go for it if you think your gunna love it! Ive loved having my camera although found it fairly frustrating today with not knowing what im doing with it!

I also forgot to say thanks for the extension on the challenge :)

Its a nikon d40 ive tried all the settings on the camera lol. Basically i was trying to put abit of red food colouring in a glass on a lit up background but it just wasnt having any of it im now covered in food colouring with not one picture damn camera!

Emma,

I've got the D60 and am struggling in the same way as you (with close up/macro shots).

How did you manage to get your brilliant shot?

xx

@Emz, howlong have you been doing it/using the Camera?

@Leeds, sounds good, just go for the "entry"level SLR to start, nothing over expensive.

Its a nikon d40 ive tried all the settings on the camera lol. Basically i was trying to put abit of red food colouring in a glass on a lit up background but it just wasnt having any of it im now covered in food colouring with not one picture damn camera!

Emma,

I've got the D60 and am struggling in the same way as you (with close up/macro shots).

How did you manage to get your brilliant shot?

xx

I actually dont know tbh! I kept on trying and trying and trying i was really p'd off i think i kept switching the setting i was trying it on and i think i managed a few of them on the child setting strangely and on the auto flash off setting i only managed it once and it stopped working again. I think i need a macro lens for what i want to do! I can imagine that wont be cheap! Im finding it very frustrating because i missed some excellent shots today :(

@Emz, howlong have you been doing it/using the Camera?

@Leeds, sounds good, just go for the "entry"level SLR to start, nothing over expensive.

Ive had my camera just under 4 weeks and loving it!! Im getting better but i think i need different lens because i keep getting the same old problem of it not taking the picture i want. I really want to learn to use it manual. I cant wait to go on a course! How long have you been doing it your camera looks awesome!

Ahh right. Ive been doing it about 3 years now...though, I just self learned...

But thats only my work camera, not mine, cant afford that, haha...I have a Canon 350D with 70-200mm Lens.

https://www.yehey.com/gadgets/uploadedimages/EOS350D.jpg

(The Middle One)

https://www.pdngearguide.com/gearguide/photos/stylus/64958-Canon-70-200-Size-Comparison.jpg

thanks guys...

pricey what sort of model is an kind of beginners one then? because I agree nothing to flash and over complicated :)

I had a Canon 350D to start with (same as pricey has) and made an ever so slight upgrade (if you could call it that - i wanted "live view" you see.... :blush:) to a Canon 450D last year.... it's a great entry level camera (in my opinion!) but the nikon peoples will no doubt push nikon :lol:

my advice will always be: be a camera whore and have a grope of everything and see which feels best for you (vulgar but true!:rofl:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->