Photography Club

Yeah body is just the Camera, but now, when you buy, you get a Lens with it. The "Kit" Lens. Perfect for starting out..most of my pics are taken with it...

*Secret*

I got mine from eBay, AND the £400 Lens.

i'd say to buy a basic "kit"

you're right - "body" is just that- the camera body... no lens.
"kit lens" is usually 18-55mm
"double kit" is usually 2 lenses 18-55 + 55-200mm or similar.

I like having a shop to go back to if i have any problems with expensive stuff though. Kinda reassuring but you do get better deals on the net.

the 18-55mm is good, but i found it a bit restricting... i wanted more zoom! so got the 55-250mm eventually too.

Pricey just seen the pictures of you in action! I want a lens like that!

Haha, kinda nerve racking that I use this in work:

https://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/default.aspx?sku=10000656

DONT DROP IT!! :O

jessops is usually uber-expensive tho. :hissy: they conned me when i went in for my 350D..... i can't remember now exactly what happened but i remember being VERY cross.... :lol:

lol... i remember being cross and things and not quite sure why too :rofl:

the 1000D isnt to pricey really :)

might seem a stupid question but what exactly is the difference between a compact and a SLR?

i agree emma, if you buy on the net always make sure you've heard good things about their customer service - i learnt that the hard way, but dealt with warehous express on lots of occations and have to say, their after-care is fantastic for a web-based thing!

Kerry are you going to get a camera then?

gonna have to see :(... may still have to wait for my birthday etc :( 5 months away!!

If I didnt owe so much I wouldnt be fussed in getting something on credit but need to be careful!! But then I think if it really takes off and i start doing pics for ppl and making a few quid on the side then its worth it :shrug:

but its all ifs :(

I know what you mean about being careful! I was going to get a camera on credit luckly for me my OH coughed up lol. 5 months is a long wait. But ive had friends asking me already to take snaps of their kids im just nervous plus i havent got any materials or anything yet for backgrounds. I havent got a clue what to charge and dont really feel i should at first really. My family says i should go for it but i dunno need to be more confident at first.

compact is a little camera, one you can fire in your bag and go.
an slr has changeable lenses and more manual settings available, so it gives you more scope to be a bit creative :dance:

Kerry are you going to get a camera then?

gonna have to see :(... may still have to wait for my birthday etc :( 5 months away!!

If I didnt owe so much I wouldnt be fussed in getting something on credit but need to be careful!! But then I think if it really takes off and i start doing pics for ppl and making a few quid on the side then its worth it :shrug:

but its all ifs :(

I know what you mean about being careful! I was going to get a camera on credit luckly for me my OH coughed up lol. 5 months is a long wait. But ive had friends asking me already to take snaps of their kids im just nervous plus i havent got any materials or anything yet for backgrounds. I havent got a clue what to charge and dont really feel i should at first really. My family says i should go for it but i dunno need to be more confident at first.

Im soooo the same.... ppl who i mention it too are really positive about it... and my SIL wants me to take pics of her LO... its her 2nd birthday at the end of june so want some real good snaps from that! At the moment Im just saying to ppl Ill take some pics of their LOs and not even thinking of charging but eventually i think why not?? i mean if they went professional it costs a fortune...!

I only have my black background lol, I want to get some white too! Props work well in pics too :)

Debbie it was me that you told about the lens filter things before and i bought some straight away what a plank forgetting that id have done loads better!

The 1000d looks really good id defo go and hold one first and see what you think.

Pricey that is a very expensive bit of kit you have there i dont think id trust myself with it.

compact is a little camera, one you can fire in your bag and go.
an slr has changeable lenses and more manual settings available, so it gives you more scope to be a bit creative :dance:

thanks...

and the quality is loads better right ??

just thinking of ways to justify my spending to my family and such :rofl:

https://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/default.aspx?sku=1030429

not bad for £400.... oh wish I didnt have to pay my mortgage for 1 month :rofl:

hehehe aw well emma - at least you have an excuse to get all coloured up again! I'd blame kids distracting me too :winkwink:

kerry - yep generally the quality of an image from an slr will be better, coz you have more control over the technical qualities (how much light is allowed in etc etc) but that's not to say you can't get great shots from a compact too.....

hehehe.... i think you've caught the bug now kerry :D

me too :)

Im going to try hard with my compact again (kinda been abit crap at it recently)

and then look into it again!! Looking at the warehouse express payment scheme if I have it over 12 months it works out I pay an extra £52... so its not too bad really :)

*sigh* wish my house was bigger for a studio :rofl:

https://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/default.aspx?sku=1028310

however this one is even better.... am I right??

a camera case will be needed too ?? :rofl: god what an expensive hobby :lol: but that i could get on ebay :)

the first one you linked to is a great starter, the second one would prob keep you happier that little bit longer hehehe it's just the extra zoom :D
i got my camera bag off ebay too..... it was about an eigth of the price as in the shops :winkwink: hooorrraaaayyyyy for hong kong/china/japan on ebay uk :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->