Photography Club

Awww Gem his gorgeous!!! What lovely colour his eyes are! Great pictures :)

I decided last night to buy myself the Canon 50mm EF 1.8 Mark II lens after looking on a dedicated Canon forum and seeing examples of some of the pictures people have got with it (great forum too). Was only £80 includng the postage so not a bad price at all - am really looking forward to it arriving now :)

I've got a load of stuff to put up on Ebay over the weekend so I've decided to save any money I get from that and put it towards getting another lens either a 50 – 250mm or a 17 – 200mm :D That way the lure of rewarding myself with a new lens will push me into getting more stuff put up onto Ebay which will also clear out some space at home.

It’s a win - win situation ;)

Welcome Pops some lovely pictures there :)

Smiley shazza thats the lens i want!!! But camera has to have af-s lens to work on auto and i cant do it manually yet :( i had a look how much they are for my camera and its £450!! Im well pissed off and starting to think i should have gone with a canon!!

Smiley shazza thats the lens i want!!!

Which one? The 50mm one?

I picked a Canon as you seem to have a bit more choice when it comes to lenses with them only problem is once you start looking you end up with a list of about 10 that you want it appears (well thats whats happened with me!) :lol:

It does mean though that because there are so many it starts getting confusing which ones to get. I asked on a couple of forums for recommendations and everyone is telling me something different :lol: I'm just going to wait until I have a few more replies and see which ones most people suggest.

do u think id be better off getting the camera on credit with a payment scheme or put it on a credit card?!?

shazza - i love my 50mm :) it really makes you think about things coz you don't have zoom - you use your feet to get the shot you want (make sense?!)

emma - nikon do a cheaper version of the 50mm too https://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/default.aspx?sku=12869 although it's not as much a bargain as the canon version

Kerry - at least with a payment scheme you would have a set amount to pay each month, with a credit card, interest varies and the amount could change each month. i'd go payment plan

Thanks for the link! Its a AF version though and the nikon d40 and d60 have have af-s lens to work on auto and as i cant do manual yet i cant go there i think i need to push myself to do it manually so i can have cheaper lenses but what a pain in the arse!!

emma - nikon do a cheaper version of the 50mm too https://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/default.aspx?sku=12869 although it's not as much a bargain as the canon version

I got the Nikon 50mm f/1.8 and it cost me something like £70 brand new. It's an absolutely cracking lens, especially for the price!

Emma, something like the 70-300 Sigma will work beautifully on your camera - and it's less than £200! This one specifically states it's fully compatible with your camera.
https://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/default.aspx?sku=1008570

OOOO Thanks loads Anna i think ill be making that purchase!!!! Im considering doing it now and putting it on my credit card lol. Is that way to naughty lol??!!

I wonder then do sigma do the 50mm lens that fit the d40 then??? Im going for a look!

shazza - i love my 50mm :) it really makes you think about things coz you don't have zoom - you use your feet to get the shot you want (make sense?!)

Yeah I know exactly what you mean - that was one of the things that kept being mentioned in the thread I read through last night on this other forum. I think it'll be good for me to have a lens which means I'm not relying on using the zoom a lot of the time.

I can't wait for it to arrive - I'm hoping it may come in tomorrows post so I can have a play with it over the weekend :)

The Nikon lens is now selling at the shop I bought it from for £109 - and from the reviews I've read it's the best 50mm you can buy for the Nikon, particularly for the money :) It's SWEET

OOOO Thanks loads Anna i think ill be making that purchase!!!! Im considering doing it now and putting it on my credit card lol. Is that way to naughty lol??!!

its naughty but hey :shrug: Im excited think I might do a payment plan!!

Or argos do a buy now pay 6 months later... and then ill have my birthday/christmas money :yipee:

My mum is gonna screw lol... u wouldnt think i was 23!!

What would be the best camera to buy that I could use generic lenses with? I will be upgrading at the end of the year (if I can wait that long!) but I don't want to be limited to buying only one make of lens, as I like to source my kit from all over the place.

Neecee, if you're upgrading to a DSLR, they all accept 3rd party lenses - Tamron and Sigma are the popular 3rd party manufacturers, and make superb lenses. As to which camera you should get, the same advice applies as has been given to others - go have a play with them and make sure you get the one that feels "right" in your hands. There's no such thing as a bad DSLR, and there are lenses for them all from Sigma and Tamron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->