physical jobs

Update: I've been back to work since baby was 6 weeks old. One of the guys who used to hog the chairs quit so at least I usually have somewhere to sit. The one who was really bad though is still there. I remember begging him to let me sit down and he said he was busy on the computer and when I snuck a glance at the computer hr was on Facebook. He has said many times he has a degree and shouldn't have to do any physical work. He also says that its not up to him to let me sit when I need to he said "I'm not the one who got you knocked up."

Anyway. The Dr. Says the sprains can't heal unless I rest them. I need to be on crutches. But since I have a baby that isn't possible. He's a big 20 lb baby, too (100% breastfed). I only work 7 or 8 hrs a day now because I am breastfeeding, but I'm still doing a good amount of bending over and lifting and standing.

My friend is a neurosurgeon and thinks based on my symptoms I also have a slipped disc. My legs are numb a lot and I get an electrical jolt from hip to heel sometimes. I have been snapping at people lately. I'm in so much pain I'm angry all the time and that just isn't me.

Why are people such jerks? I can't get another job. Im in a niche industry and moved here just for this job. Its not too bad and I'd love it if it weren't for pain and my coworker.

I quit on Friday. I'm a stay at home mom now, my SO is going back to work. He may not make as much as I did, but we will figure it out. I hurt my back more since my last post the Dr. Said it would never heal and once I am done breastfeeding I can get cortisone shots and pain meds which I will need for the rest of my life. :( I'm going go get a 2nd opinion though.

I'm so sorry to hear about your injuries. Glad you get to stay home with lo. I pray things work out for you and your family. God bless.

Terrible to hear of heavily pregnant woman being treated so badly, this shouldn't be allowed to happen! I would ask for time off immediately, do you not get maternity leave? if so, you should take it now. Can your partner support you instead??

sorry to hear what happened to your back, youve really been thru it physically, hugs. I bet theres loads you can do for your back, rest will be the main thing, hope your getting on well now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->