Physician Calls for an End to Bikini Waxes!

O

Ozzieshunni

Interesting:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...alls-for-an-end-to-bikini-waxing-8008628.html

It seems much more based on her opinion than anything else. If you're exposed to herpes in the genital region, 'microscopic wounds' aren't going to do much more to spread the infection, I would think, than usual. The argument of it being potentially bad for your health is a little weak, imo.
I agree with her though, we should embrace our body hair! :thumbup:

Well I can't say I've been convinced not to wax/shave down there......interesting read though.

I HATE public hair, dont see the point in it and I dont feel ready and clean until its all off!
xxx

I prefer to shave, a wax is brutal.
But it actually stops one STI... lice ;)

I don't wax any body areas :rofl: I tried it once on my legs and I was quite unsuccessful . I do an occasional trim on the sides with an electric shaver, thats all.

Well................I can kind of see her point...........I used to wax it all off.......and strangely I would get thrush and UTIS a lot. And irritation...........I stppped it and that stopped to. Maybe having pubes helped ventilation? I dunno.............

Well pubes keep dirts from your more sensitive areas .

It is just her opinion, and there oesn't seem to be much substance to her arguements. I like it trimmed...and I don't need a big hairy hot crotch, and I don't have herpes or any STI...grosssssss

I prefer to be shaved, it looks prettier and doesn't stick out the side of my knickers, pole shorts, or bikini bottoms then. Although sometimes I just trim it down if I can't be bothered to shave. Plus it just feels "cleaner" (I sweat a lot, sorry TMI lol), and I don't like to think that if DH is down there it's going to be like chewing a hairbrush and will get some stuck in his teeth or something.. He says it doesn't bother him, but part of it is a social conformity thing as well with the "women actresses" (if you can call them that) all having that presentation and the men obviously looking at them. It was an ex that first asked me why I hadn't shaved it when I was 15 - guess where he learned that was normal? :dohh: But I do prefer how it looks, just not ALL gone.. Most of the time I leave a little line int he middle lol :blush:

However, one of the issues in the article is VERY true.. The abcesses from infected hair follicles or ingrown hairs :( Even with a clean, sharp razor, good intimate hygeine, and the best will in the world, those little buggars can still get you.. And they HURT. I've had plenty of antibiotic creams and tablets to get rid of them when I get them, but I've also lanced a few. Can you say EW?

Everyone has their own opinion :lol: Personally I'm not a fan of waxing, but it has to be tidy and short :lol:

Since this was posted i have been reading this as "psychics call for a end to bikini waxes!"

Sleep deprived me?....never :haha:

lol, I'm sorry but I'll never be all hairy down there...always shave and never had any issues.

I agree with the physician.
It's fine if you prefer to shave or wax it all off, but just as with anything else, know what the risks are. In this case, the risks she is talking about are not exaggerated. This is not "just her opinion", it is factual. The pubic region is sensitive and may have adverse reactions to different forms of hair removal. "Insulted" tissue (that is the medical term for any tissue that is inflamed or recovering from something like waxing or an ingrown hair) IS more susceptible to infection. It's not a slag at anyone's personal preference, it's science. And a good commentary from a professional who is trying to share her medical expertise and question why anyone feels a need to do this. Perhaps pubic hair (like the hair on our heads) is there for a reason? (gasp!)
If you weigh those risks and still come thumbs up for the bare beaver, good for you, but don't dismiss the doctor as just being "opinionated". I highly doubt she would have spoken out unless she had a whole lotta evidence that prompted her to do so.

Sounds like some one is bitter, she was probably laughed at by an boyfriend for not trimming when she was younger.

I always get rid but wish I didn't feel the need, it's only natural, why is it so fashionable for women to remove it?

Not just pubes but hair everywhere. Makes you feel so self conscious if you forget to shave, it's not right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->