Physician Calls for an End to Bikini Waxes!

I don't shave to be fashionable, I do it because I feel cleaner :shrug:

I don't shave to be fashionable, I do it because I feel cleaner :shrug:

same here, it's not like many people get to see that area anyway. I used to leave it au natural as a teen and always felt like no matter how much I washed it would always feel a bit 'smelly'...

Hair down there just irritates me ! I don't wax, don't see the point in pain when shaving does the job perfectly for me :)

I rarely shave it down to the end, it is getting way too itchy when it is growing back. I prefer it au natural with trimmed sites most of the time.

I wax every 4-6 weeks. I feel much cleaner when its done. I shave my Underarms once a week in the summer and I can go ages in the winter lol. Think its just a personal preference. I keep down below hair free and only me and oh see it but leave Underarms a bit hairy and loads of ppl see!

I dont do it to be fashionable, you wouldn't see me dead in a bikini and the only people that see down there is OH and any nurses. I do it because i feel cleaner and there is less places for bacteria to grow making you smell.

I actually had a comment from the MW when she was stitching me back up after my episiotomy that it was easier to stitch some one who was waxed/shaved down there, no hairs to get in the way :rofl:

It seems much more based on her opinion than anything else. If you're exposed to herpes in the genital region, 'microscopic wounds' aren't going to do much more to spread the infection, I would think, than usual. The argument of it being potentially bad for your health is a little weak, imo.
I agree with her though, we should embrace our body hair! :thumbup:

Blind Post btw

Its based on more than opinion. My mum is a trained sugaring practitioner and part of her training covered health issues. If you remove hairs by the root then you leave the folical open to infection for a certain period of time. You also weaken the folical which in turn makes it harder for the hair to break through the surface of the skin unless you exfoliate every day. If the hairs can't get out of the skin then you can get infections etc.

I'll go and read the rest of the thread now :D

ETA: I blame the Egyptians-they first removed hairs 100's of years ago. At the end of the day they are natural and they are there for a reason. Doesn't stop me from removing them though lol. I tend just to try down there and use Veet for areas left bare when I have my bikini on.

Oh I get it can cause issues, the tone of the article just seemed very biased towards her opinion of shaving with some of these, tbh, minor problems thrown around to give it weight.
I don't shave it all off for many reasons, it doesn't feel any cleaner and I find a bald cooch 'weird' - now if she'd have done the article solely on her opinion I'd have probably agreed, but what she has done is come up with a pretty weak argument containing information that people who shave will either already know or don't exactly consider dangerous.
Throwing around terms like 'risk' and 'STI' about a bit of personal grooming made the article seem laughable, despite how much of an issue it may actually be.

Whilst they are not extremely common things like foliculitis aren't minor problems. Ok you are unlikely to die from it but it's still a very nasty thing. My mum saw photos etc of women who had such complications and she said they were very disturbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->