• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Piece of plastic found half way through tub of formula.

lilmissdanni

Reaction score
I did my lo his bedtime bottle at 6pm. As I was measuring out his 8oz, something caught my eye in the tub. I used a sterelized spoon to get it out....it was a piece of silver plastic in the shape of a crescent moon!

Ive emailed cow and gate to register my complaint, sent OH out to get one of the big bottles of his formula as I no longer want to use that tub of milk.

Not impressed to say the least!

Oh dear!!!!! Not good at all. Its a good job you spotted it makes you paranoid what else could be in there! Plus imagine it was gave to an older baby in a cup :/

That's awful!!

I'd maybe keep the tub though as evidence and take a picture of what you found

Xx

oh gosh thats really bad! :( cow and gate are normally good with getting back in contact so i hope you hear something soon, i only ever used their cereals though dom was an SMA baby, it does make you paranoid :S

I remember that happened with a jar of baby food when William was younger, bit of plastic lucky I always say and stirred food for ages and spotted it or he would have choked on it. Hard to trust anything you dont make yourself. All I got was some vouchers after I complained.

Are you sure when you were pulling the silver plastic off the top when you opened it, some of it didn't fall in the tub?

Are you sure when you were pulling the silver plastic off the top when you opened it, some of it didn't fall in the tub?

WSS ^^

I've not opened a tub properly and ended up with a small bit of silver wrapping falling in.

Can you post a pic for us to see?

The pic is on my phone and its on charge upstairs. Its a half moon shaped piece of silver...feels totally different to the lid and there is no rough edges on it, they are rounded off, its totally smooth. There is also no tear on the lid that matches the cut out of the middle of the piece of plastic iykwim. I always put the lid off the new tub into the old tub and luckily the tub is still on the side in the kitchen (I cant get to the bin coz of the ice in my garden) so ive took a pic of that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->