pills and potions

Natsby

Luca born 9-11-2012
Reaction score
How many pills are you ladies taking? I take 3 evening primrose, folic acid, asprin, maca, zinc and a scoop of royal jelly. anyone top that, (I´m sure you can.) OH gets away with just one zinc and one maca a day. Although I feed him smoothies with spirilina when ever I can too.

i'm on folic acid only. while i was TTC i tried B6 for a couple of months but found that it messed my cycle slightly so left it.

Hi I am on folic acid vit b6 ,aspirin pregnacare ,took royal jelly capsules for a few days too,dh on well man and macaroot :)

i can top you all lol
conception vits, royal jelly, l-aritine, flaxseed oil, maca and cq10
think thats it lol xxxxxxxxx
oh and epo at begining of af:thumbup:

Step aside!! I can top all of you! :haha:

For fertility:
1 x EPO with starflower
1 x Flaxseed
1 x Vit D
2 x Vit B Complex
1 x agnus castus

For wellbing:
1 x St John's Wort
1 x Passionflower (trying to stay off antidepressants)

For Reflux Disorder:
1 x Lanzoprazole

Are you still with me?? :sleep::winkwink:

For my immunity:
5 x Aciclovir for 6months of the year (recurrent cold sores)
1 x L-Arginine

Asthma/Hayfever
2 x 2puffs Seretide inhaler
3 x Urticalcin

This excludes any antibiotics which may crop up if any of the above turns to an infection, anti-thrush treatments, painkillers, hayfever remedies or Gaviscon.

Thankfully I now only take 1 x folic acid, 1 x Omega 3 Fish Oil and Gaviscon. Now perhaps you can see why I was never a POAS addict - I was too busy remembering to pop all of these pills!!!

wow you need to take ginko biloba to help you to remember the rest with that lot! More seriously for thrush the best I have found is warbugia, available on the net and grapefruit seed extract, (tastes vile best in juice.)
I just came back because I forgot to mention the rasberry leaf tea to help make a nice thick womb lining and vit C just because my mother is obsessed with it. I also take meds for asthma, but have been for so long I don´t count them. My naturopath said one oep wouldn´t do much hence I take 3 or four, I hope she is right as it costs a bomb taking them by the handful!
Let´s hope it all works eh.

Ruth - if your reflux gets bad and you can't take Lanzoprazole (not sure if you can or not with BFP) you could try ginger tablets.

I put DH on them as good for :spermy: apparently and since he's been on them he's not needed any of his Lanzoprazole any more :)

I found Omega 3 and B complex tablets really help my depression and keep me off anti-depressants too. I think both are ok to take with your BFP but not sure

Ruth - if your reflux gets bad and you can't take Lanzoprazole (not sure if you can or not with BFP) you could try ginger tablets.

I put DH on them as good for :spermy: apparently and since he's been on them he's not needed any of his Lanzoprazole any more :)

I found Omega 3 and B complex tablets really help my depression and keep me off anti-depressants too. I think both are ok to take with your BFP but not sure

A lot of my problems stem from a compromised immunity system - hence the coldsores and other recurrent infections.

Thanks a lot for the tip about Ginger. I had heard that somewhere before and sometimes I find ginger tea can really help.

I am 'banned' from taking most of the supplements and tablets now anyway so I've got loads worth a small fortune sitting around in cupboards collecting dust. :shrug: That said, it's quite a relief not to have to pop so many at dinner time!

Velo told me about taking Omega 3, because with a history of mild to moderate depression I'm really worried about PND so I've only recently started on that.

Natsby - If the thrush rears its ugly head anytime soon I will see if I can take warbugia during pregnancy instead.

Can anyone recommend anything for overeating? :wacko:

I crave sweet & savory foods during my 2ww, it's not nice! I've just eaten a Twix & Kitkat + a bag of crisps..this was on top of my roast dinnner! :winkwink::wacko:

don´t ask me why as I don´t even like it, but I have found drinking grapefruit juice stops me snacking and craving sweet food. My mum used to clean her teeth when ever she felt like a snack. On the other hand it could be tape worm...but I hope not.

Can anyone recommend anything for overeating? :wacko:

I crave sweet & savory foods during my 2ww, it's not nice! I've just eaten a Twix & Kitkat + a bag of crisps..this was on top of my roast dinnner! :winkwink::wacko:

I am the exact same in the middle of my cycle,Icrave chocolate ,I usually suck on sugar free mints or gum or just go for a walk ,usually helps :hugs::hugs:

When I started TTC I was taking folic acid, that was it! At one point I was going a little crazy as I was taking so many pills,
. folic acid, b6, b3 (enough to cause flushing), 3 anti-depressant pills, EPO (2 pills 3x a day), and packets of herbs (TCM) that contained 50-100 foul tasting little pills a couple a day.

I am now taking
. prenatal multi-vitamin (2x a day), the anti-deps - would like to get off these as soon as i can). Before ovulation I do try to include a few potions such as:
. raspberry leaf tea, maca, flax oil for omega-3 (after ovulation too), evening primrose oil, herbs from my TCM but in a powder format I make into a tea, chlorella (detox heavy metals), vitex aka agnus castus

Velo - good luck coming off the anti-depressants :hugs:

I was on anti-depressants but spoke to my GP (one I really trust) about coming off them and she advised me to take omega-3 and Vitamin B complex tablets as soon as I started to reduce my anti-depressants. She advised that it would be safe to take both whilst TTC and if I get a BFP. I've now been off anti-depressants since end of July and totally have my depression under control :)

I know everyone's depression is different as is their treatment but may be worth asking your doctor if they feel some pregnancy friendly supplements may help with coming off the anti-depressants.

For the ladies with chocolate and salt cravings - I find a banana or banana smoothie kills my salt cravings (not sure why) and it also helps my sugar cravings. If I get really bad chocolate cravings I keep Minstrels in my freezer so that I can grab one but because it's so hard I'm forced to suck it and by the time I've managed to eat just one Minstrel my chocolate craving is gone.

I just loved reading this thread and frankly i laughed so hard when i got to the twix, kit kat and bag of chips part as i just did this last night. Im 9DPO now and i am 34 about to turn 35 and i just want to say knowing there is a group just for US makes me feel OLD JUST SAYIN!

I take 1 prenatal a day- morning
i take Fertil Aid- suppose to have everything in it and i take Fertile CM- for cervical mucus- but wouldnt know if it helps cause i also use preseed for that Which we LOVE by the way.

i just started pro-gest cream for L-phase only-
Im going to get baby asprin and start that to IF we are negative this month.

Hunny takes fertile aid for men and mobility fertile aid and count increase fertile aid. Just got the new sperm check fertility sperm test for men that is done at home will be doing that the next couple weeks. I already took the FSH fertility test for women at home as well. Mine was fine thank GOD.

I was taking like 15 different vitamins at one time just got crazy do i stoped and switched to the fertile aid.

I started EPO last week and have just read this article that it's not such a good idea when TTC (it's on the NHS website so hopefully has some scientific credibility) - so I think I'll stop that today! Which means all I'm taking as of tomorrow is folic acid (plus I'm on my normal asthma medication).

Now something which is probably shallow but since I came off BCP a few months ago I'm spottier than I was as a teen! The last 2 weeks of the month I've got a massive spot on my chin it's quite hideous. Must be the hormones, so I'm a bit upset that I can't take EPO to manage it :-(

I started EPO last week and have just read this article that it's not such a good idea when TTC (it's on the NHS website so hopefully has some scientific credibility) - so I think I'll stop that today! Which means all I'm taking as of tomorrow is folic acid (plus I'm on my normal asthma medication).

Now something which is probably shallow but since I came off BCP a few months ago I'm spottier than I was as a teen! The last 2 weeks of the month I've got a massive spot on my chin it's quite hideous. Must be the hormones, so I'm a bit upset that I can't take EPO to manage it :-(
i thought it was ok to take it up to ov and then stop cos it causes uterine contractions!!!

Northstar - don't fret, those hormones'll settle down soon, it'll be fine...

AFM, just folic acid. Before Xmas I was taking a hugely expensive fertility+ multi vit thing that my Dr said I didn't need. She said as long as you're fit and healthy, good diet yady, yady, yadda then folic acid and lots of :sex: - I'm still working on the :sex:!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->