pills and potions

I started EPO last week and have just read this article that it's not such a good idea when TTC (it's on the NHS website so hopefully has some scientific credibility) - so I think I'll stop that today! Which means all I'm taking as of tomorrow is folic acid (plus I'm on my normal asthma medication).

Now something which is probably shallow but since I came off BCP a few months ago I'm spottier than I was as a teen! The last 2 weeks of the month I've got a massive spot on my chin it's quite hideous. Must be the hormones, so I'm a bit upset that I can't take EPO to manage it :-(

My Natropath told me just keep up with the EPO all the time, I don´t find my periods any worse on it, (which if it caused contractions you would imagine it would,) although my boobs do seem sorer with it than without. As I mentioned before I take three a day too so if it´s bad I´m doing it very wrong!

Hey Natsby well I read some stuff about EPO on this website ie people posting warnings but I thought hmm maybe an urban legend so that's why I went to the NHS website, and searched on there, but because I'm a new member it won't let me post a link.

All it says is that EPO is not recommended for women TTC> there is no specific further info on there.

I wasn't taking EPO for any kind of baby making purposes myself, my cycle is fine, purely for spot prevention, because I feel like a minger with all these spots.

Maybe you should ask your doctor about the EPO though, that sounds like a really high dose?

My Natropath told me just keep up with the EPO all the time, I don´t find my periods any worse on it, (which if it caused contractions you would imagine it would,) although my boobs do seem sorer with it than without. As I mentioned before I take three a day too so if it´s bad I´m doing it very wrong!

What I've heard is it is good to take up until ovulation. But as it *can* cause uterine contractions (hence possible m/c) it is not good to take when you could possibly be pregnant. So I take EPO from my period until ovulation, and then I take flax oil after ovulation.

Thanks guys, maybe I´ll change to flax after O then, better to be safe than sorry.

:dohh:And I'm kinda bricking it, as I had NFI and started taking it last week on day 18.

I think I'll just stop taking it altogether, and learn to live with a spotty face, seems like less hassle all around.

well oep is good for cm so don´t stop it for the whole cycle, maybe just the second part.

I bought some cough mixture instead, though I might start taking EPO on CD1 to ov next month I guess, maybe that would still prevent the dreaded chin spots. And I bought some Clearasil for the first time in 20 years too.

Ironically as far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with my CM I'm just overloaded with information.

I bought some cough mixture instead, though I might start taking EPO on CD1 to ov next month I guess, maybe that would still prevent the dreaded chin spots. And I bought some Clearasil for the first time in 20 years too.

Ironically as far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with my CM I'm just overloaded with information.

:haha: aren´t we all!!too much knowledge is a dangerous thing.... better to be ignorant, like my doctor, doh.

What I've heard is it is good to take up until ovulation. But as it *can* cause uterine contractions (hence possible m/c) it is not good to take when you could possibly be pregnant. So I take EPO from my period until ovulation, and then I take flax oil after ovulation.

yeah thats what i do hun:winkwink:

As this seems to be the thread for all witchy alternative treatments, what do you all know about pineapple to help implantation? I´m ovulating now, according to yesterday and today's opk so I´m thinking shall i start eating that now or wait a bit.

Or I could just chill out and let nature take its course, but then another friend told me she is pregnant so now I´m in a right old state thinking it will never happen and that i need some control, I´d eat an entire pineapple every day if I though it might work!

LOL what do you actually DO with the pineapple though?

I am sorry to lower the tone of the thread but the only sex related thing I've ever heard about pineapple (and this is really dirty)is that men who eat it have better tasting semen. Not that we want it to go in that direction!

Any kind of fruit has to be good for your general health so it can't hurt to try some. I'll be having some in the form of pina colada this weekend I think!

ha ha eat it! It is supposed to have an enzyme which does something to something, (you can see why I was asking for more info,) which help implantation. And I thought it was celery for better tasting swimmers, ( but that wouldn´t work I hate the taste of celery.)

Hi found the following info on pineapple and TTC:

"Why do people suggest Pineapple Juice?
Pineapple contains selenium...and selenium (an anti-oxident) helps promote a healthy womb lining which is why it is thought to aid implantation. Pineapple also contains an enzyme called bromelain which is contraindicated during pregnancy as it may cause uterine contractions (many people, especially in Asian cultures, suggest eating fresh pineapple to induce labour if overdue)....however, during processing this delicate enzyme is destroyed which is why its ok to drink pineapple juice in moderation when ttc or pg but not to eat fresh pineapple/pineapple pieces etc .

The preferred juice to drink is fresh, pressed or "not from concentrate"....although not the best, its still ok to drink "from concentrate"...all this means is that the pineapple pulp has been frozen or freeze dried for exportation and then reconstituted with water.

A small glass of pineapple juice a day is supposed to be good but there are also many other food sources richer in selenium than pineapple (brazil nuts included!)"

And they included this link which provides some info on selenium & a list of food souces: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/selenium.asp

Aaah an enzyme, like the asparagus thing but a good one not a bad one. It's full of vitamins and fibre so get into it I say. And even if it isn't a magic bullet, anything that tastes lovely and is healthy, has to be good for the soul on this stressy TTC journey we are all on.

You could make celery soup, sometimes it's not the taste as the texture, you know all the fibres, if you make it into a soup and sieve it maybe you could manage to eat it?

I take gummy prenatals, COQ10 liquid and a chewable B complex.

hi ladies!

resurrecting this thread because I wondered if any one has added/subtracted any vits & potions from your regime.

I'm pretty much taking the same as most of you posted here, but only just started the CO Q10 and I dropped EPO - it made my PMS absolutely mental. Instead I have a glass of grapefruit juice daily until after OV. Although it's not quite a potion, I have started doing 4 simple yoga postures which Cypress recommended (Brenda Strong on youtube).

Northstar, I'm dealing with the same spotting problem...it's awful. Did anything work for you?

About the pineapple, have done tons of reading about it and found that it is only the fresh core which aids implantation, core contains the bromelain. So the deal is to cut off the flesh and then slice the core into 5 pieces, eating it from 1DPO - 5DPO. Am trying it out this 2ww. Fxd!

https://www.amandabears.com/pineapple-core-for-implantation.html

:dust:

This is an interesting thread...

I take an effervescent multivitamin, a B complex, a big tablespoon of cod liver oil, l-carnitine, and vitamin D3 (I'm low in this). I don't like the B complex as it makes me have indigestion and have been thinking of changing to a plain folic acid supplement.

My husband takes the multivitamin, lethicin, the cod liver oil, and l-carnitine.

We were taking these things before, and later found out they could be beneficial to ttc, so didn't change anything.

Someone mentioned once that grapefruit juice is good for TTC?

I take lots of Vit C fruit and veg, but that is to avoic colds and flus...

Ah and I take folic Acid and CoQ10 at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->