Placenta and Fluids

Rame

Mom to Alexa, preggy w #2
Reaction score
I had my u/s Wednesday last week and an appointment with my Dr Friday of the same week. When I met with my dr the results of the u/s haven't come in yet so as far as I know, everything looked great in the pics given to me. My little girl looked so peaceful and calm during the whole procedure and we got really clear pictures so I was happy. :happydance:

Well, anyway, my dr finally called me earlier today saying that the baby is fine (whew!) but that she would need to see me again cause my placenta is low and there is some fluid in my canal (I assume she meant my birth canal). :cry: :cry:

I've read about the placenta so I'm not overly worried about it as there is still time for it to go up (crossing fingers) but I've never read/heard anything about the fluid in the canal thingy. She said there's nothing to be alarmed about, but until she can examine me further, no heavy lifting and no :sex: But really, it's hard not to worry about something you know nothing about!

I'm still trying to get a schedule for my appointment with her for this week or next (I travel to Vancouver on 31 Oct) but in the meantime, I wanted to know if anyone one of you has ever been diagnosed with fluid in your canal. I tend worry less when I at least know what I'm dealing with...it's the unknown that drives me nuts! :cry: :cry:

Thanks in advance for any input you may have! :hug:

Not me sweety but I did have a low lying placenta. Yikes hated it and was on bed rest for a long time. I did get to relax and play games though hee hee. I will do abit of research and see what I find. I have never heard of this before

Not me sweety but I did have a low lying placenta. Yikes hated it and was on bed rest for a long time. I did get to relax and play games though hee hee. I will do abit of research and see what I find. I have never heard of this before

Thanks! I tried to google it, but I can't seem to find anything that made sense. I appreciate your gesture! :hug: :hug:

I didn't know you had to be on bed rest with a low lying placenta! My dr never said anything about me being on bed rest. I'm at work right now actually (sshhh). I sure hope I don't have to be in bed rest..I've just got too much going on at work right now it'll be hard for me to leave earlier than planned. But of course if it's needed for the baby, I'll do it.

Thanks again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->