Placenta over C Section scar at 32 weeks :(

Clarabell543

Expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi everyone..
I have had a scan at 32 weeks to check my placenta has moved away from my previous section scar... it hasn't. :(
Midwife said that there are usually other signs too if there is a risk of placenta acreeta and i don't seem to have those.. I am terrified! I have another scan at 36 weeks.. is there still time for it to move? Everything I seem to read people say it had moved by now.. also can the placenta attach to the scar but just attach normally and not be acreeta???

I would appreciate any advice or experience as I am worried sick :(

I don't have any experience but just wanted to offer some support. It's a things that really scares me also. It still has time to move. Definitely. Try not to worry. Xx

I wish I could give some words of advice. Are you having a planned caesarean this time? If you are worried could you call the hospital and book another appointment with your consultant to talk about any risks. They may bring you caesarean forward so you don't labour naturally. Hugs

Yes I was planning on a c section this time! My placenta is clear of my cervix so she said a vaginal birth shouldn't be a problem and she cannot see any signs of accreta but couldn't rule it out due to its position! I seem to be just taking all the worst case scenarios and making them 10x worse in my head! Thanks for your replies ladies

Just an update incase anyone ever does what I did and googles looking for info... my placenta was atrached to my section scar but not abnormally and was able to be removed safely during my elcs with no more blood loss than the average section delivery.

Fantastic. Thank u for updating as they think I may be in a similar situation... Glad to know it worked out xx

Thank you for this, I've been wanting stories about accreta too!! Glad it was all well for you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->